Artificial Grass MEGATHREAD - No Advertising/Quotes

Hi

Has anyone got artifical grass and what do they think of it.

We are thinking of having it laid but are not sure, Any opinions would be very welcome. Many Thanks

If you do a forum search for artificial grass there are a number of threads on the subject which may be of help to you. We had some laid nearly three years ago and are very pleased with it. Expensive but for us, worth the money.

Not a regular poster so hopefully this is in right place....

We are wanting our lawn replaced with artificial grass, we are based in Rotherham but having done a quick internet search I can only seem to find nationwide companies. Has anyone got any recommendations for local suppliers/installers? I can only find old threads on here, thanks

Gemma - have a look at those old threads (some not so old) as they will probably be helpful. We used LazyLawn and it is excellent. I believe it is a franchise and the installer that we had is now no longer with the company. There is a man in Rotherham market who does it but I don't know anything about his work.

Can anyone recommend someone to supply and fit astro turf. I've measured the area and its 8 metres by 4 metres

Thanks

Ours is Lazy Lawn and the product has been satisfactory. Whoever you choose make sure that the ground/preparatory work is done properly.

Green exteriors in Rotherham are fab...he has a shop inside the market & offers a 10year guarantee with it. We laid some last week & it looks fantastic!

---------- Post added 19-04-2014 at 10:41 ----------

He charges £20 per square metre & they are in widths of 2 & 4 metres

Lux Lawns supply and fit only the highest quality European manufactured Artificial Grass. We have completed hundreds of synthetic lawn installations in the area and have lots of very satisfied customers. Please visit our website for more information

It's a bitch to roll.

A friend's neighbour has covered their (small) front lawn with it. It looks ok, but I notice that it becomes untidy as random bits and small pieces of debris build up amongst the blades. With a natural lawn these get slowly absorbed into the roots and soil. So, I would assume that some kind of cleaning or vacuuming has to be carried out occasionally, and perhaps the green blades become "soiled" in time?

I would (like any other product) research any downside before buying.