We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

We have just spent a weekend away in Scarborough, the weather was fab we both just needed a quick break to relax. Anyway walking along the sea front on our way back to the hotel i was shot with a BB gun in the head from a passing car. it was so painful and stung quite bad it brought me to tears.

Why do people buy these things? why are they allowed? i would have thought they would be among the offensive wepon list. i must say it was agood job it was my head and not my face i dread to think what could have happened.

Ouch - yes, that would hurt especially to the head

Re: BB guns though -they have legitimate uses, like airsoft guns which fire plastic "bb's" etc, which, when used properly and responsibly are legal and safe - which is why ownership and sale of them is allowed

But it is certainly illegal to carry and use in the manner described.

They certainly shouldn't be completely proscribed (a mate who uses one legitimately was recently shot with a BB gun in meersbrook in a random attack similar to yours but it won't stop him going airsofting, and why should it? Banning legitimate activities because of an irresponsible minority would be akin to banning cars as a reaction to drink-driving)

report it to plod!!

Scarborough is very well covered by CCTV....and the use of bb guns in a public place is covered by firearms law.

They need catching and prosicuting because morons like these will get the airsoft side of these guns penalised so spoiling sensible fun.