Fleetwood Mac to play arena

I'd love to go but I'm in Japan at the time. They're playing November 2nd. Tickets on sale from Friday.

Off topic slightly, but the entertainment section seems to have died on it's arse a bit.

I'd love to go but I'm in Japan at the time. They're playing November 2nd. Tickets on sale from Friday.

Off topic slightly, but the entertainment section seems to have died on it's arse a bit.

There's no Christine Mcvie in this line up though. Probably still worth seeing.

What is the line up? Does it include Mick, John, Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham?

I saw Fleetwood Mac twice in the 1980s, and they were terrific!

Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham

The line-up is Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham. If you are a member of the Arena's mailing list tickets will be available on priority from Thursday 4th June - the day before the general on sale - if you aren't a member can join here http://www.sheffieldarena.co.uk/register/?email=Enter+your+email+address&x=31&y=24

Edited by Arena Mole

Worth a punt if they do a "best of" set....

Worth a punt if they do a "best of" set....

They'll have to really as there doesn't appear to be a new album on the horizen, unless thats just a Rumour!

I wonder if they will do Christine Mcvie songs? Be a bit difficult without CM in the line up.

wow, what a pity!!

You can do it next time!!

I'd love to go to that.

I'm a great fan of 'The Mac' but at £75 £65 £45 no it's not worth it, we only paid £45 to see 'The Eagles' at the Arena.

If the Arena is full (around 12,000) that's upwards of 3/4 of a £million.

I'm a great fan of 'The Mac' but at £75 £65 £45 no it's not worth it, we only paid £45 to see 'The Eagles' at the Arena.

If the Arena is full (around 12,000) that's upwards of 3/4 of a £million.

I'll grant you it's not cheap, but I think you'd probably pay at least that and probably more to see some of the latest "teeny" bands who've had 1 top ten hit and mime on stage. To see Miss Spears mime on stage for example would cost a fair bit I would imagine.

If you take the middle ticket price as an average and multiply it by 12,000, it makes £780,000. Out of this you have to take out the cost of the venue, venue staff, lighting, sound system, 1st aid cover, insurance, promotion/advertising, transport costs of the band/roadies/equipment, roadie wages etc etc. Plus they'll need to make a profit somewhere.

So although it's not a cheap night out, I think it's reasonable value for money when you consider the 40+ years of material. Any road up, I'm going! :D

Edited by perplexed

I'll grant you it's not cheap, but I think you'd probably pay at least that and probably more to see some of the latest "teeny" bands who've had 1 top ten hit and mime on stage. To see Miss Spears mime on stage for example would cost a fair bit I would imagine.

If you take the middle ticket price as an average and multiply it by 12,000, it makes £780,000. Out of this you have to take out the cost of the venue, venue staff, lighting, sound system, 1st aid cover, insurance, promotion/advertising, transport costs of the band/roadies/equipment, roadie wages etc etc. Plus they'll need to make a profit somewhere.

So although it's not a cheap night out, I think it's reasonable value for money when you consider the 40+ years of material. Any road up, I'm going! :D

Like I said we paid £45 to see the eagles; next month we will see Crosby Stills & Nash for £45.

I would probably pay £75 to see the Mac if Christine McVie was with them.