social: SFBC around the world

Hi everyone.

Another social coming up soon! Come join us of a day out in the woods to explore our badminton countries!

SFBC AROUND THE WORLD!

Date: Saturday 4th of July

Start time: 2pm

Location: Ecclesall Woods, starting point: enter the woods at the corner of Whirlowdale Road and Endowood Road; http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ecclesall+woods,+whirlowdale+road,+sheffield&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=19.018271,39.375&ie=UTF8&ll=53.344083,-1.513989&spn=0.009352,0.019226&z=16

Activity: top secret! ;-), day to be finishes with a BBQ.

It will be an active afternoon in the woods to please dress accordingly.

For the BBQ afterwards can every please try and bring their own cutlery, drinks and a blanket if possible.

Thanks to your DD (Dutch/Deutsch) -Team Jaap and Andrea!

Hope to see you all!

Edited by Jaap

Hurray, Hurray - a badminton social that I can make it along to!! Do we need to bring our own BBQs and food too or just drinks and blanket??

I hope it doesn't rain! I don't do rain!!

just bring your own drinks and blanket please!..... and some sun!

Could anyone tell me which bus might be best to get to the meeting point, or better still have a car that might be going near the city centre? Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

the start location is just off Abbeydale road so you might be able to get a bus which goes from city centre towards Dore. Don't know the bus numbers.

Anyone willing to give Jonathan a lift?? (sorry am going early on my bike so can't give you lft myself)

I too am looking for bus advice.

The nearest stop appears to be here. Though I don't know which bus it is.

97 and 98 go down that way

about every ten minutes

Have people seen the rainy weather forcast for tomorrow. Most of the rain seems to be hitting in the afternoon as well.

Assuming it brightens up the most central bus stop going the right way is near the catherdral here.

Should take about 15mins from that stop to the Abbeydale Road South/Dobcroft Avenue stop we want.

Like Rich said the buses go every 10 mins.

Edited by Edible

Went to check the busses yesterday and bus No. 97 and 98 go indeed from London Road toward our location. But the sign at the bus staop said that there's a bus every 15-20 minutes....

Yes the 97 or 98 go every 15-20 mins but they alternate and we can get either as they don't branch till after we get off, so should be able to get one every 10mins ;):P

Here's the online timetable.

Assuming the weather's ok anyone getting a bus from the city centre fancy meeting at the cathedral at 1:20pm on sat?

I'm working tomorrow but will try and see if i can catch up with people later on.

Claire

What an awesome day! Thanks everyone :)

I hope Jen soon feels better after her Evel Knievel Impression!