Error message 11004 0x800CCC0D

trying to reconnect to the net but keep getting this message any help would be appreciated.

If it is a connection issue, and not an email one, you will get a more meaningful error message by just trying to connect on its own, and not try to email at the same time.

Is it the same machine, as you posted this message from? If so, which ISP are you with? Most have decent help pages with pictures, telling you what options should be where. The other thing to check, is that your security software isnt getting in the way.

Its not this machine - it belongs to an elderly friend she cannot get on the internet and when I tried to email from her machine thats when I got the 11004 message etc. Its Tiscali and her neighbours who are with Tiscali are not having any 'major' problems. Of course when its someone elses house its difficult to see whats plugged in where. We did a system restore but that didnt help. Will have a look on the Tiscali site!!

Yeah that's an outlook error message, basically saying that it can't connect to the server. It's usually an antivirus/firewall error if you can get to websites, but if you can't then it sounds like the whole connection is down.

If they use a router, chances are rebooting this (just turn it off and on again) should sort the problem. If not then you'll probably need to report a fault to tiscali.

Hope that helps,

From the fact you simply havent mentioned it, I'll assume web pages are fine on her machine.

You need to confirm her security software isnt getting in the way.

You need to run round her mail client's settings checking for errors.

Sorry if I missed all the relevant information - she isn't getting any internet at all - the screen comes up with the usual can't find this page etc. I have checked all her cables as far as I can - have disabled a phone which didnt have a filter on it - but still nothing. Whilst playing around found - network adapter status not healthy - whatever that means. Tiscali say that the signal is fine! They are supposed to be sending a CD but no idea what that will do. All very frustrating!!!

Whilst playing around found - network adapter status not healthy - whatever that means.!

Try another NIC?

sorry no idea what a NIC is let alone how to try another one.

NIC -> Network Interface Card

You shouldn;t need to use any CD's from Tiscali. Try right clicking on the network icon and seeing what the problem is. May just be disabled and need enabling.

trying to reconnect to the net but keep getting this message any help would be appreciated.

Hi there

Sometime ago you was trying to find a Fay Marsden of Browning Road.

Did you have any joy..?