Estate agency websites

Can anyone tell me why estate agents in sheffield have such tedious websites? Crap pictures, lack of information and just incredible lack of userability. They charge enough so surely they can afford to have a half decent website!!!:huh:

Have you used the rightmove site? Most agents put the adverts on there.

Right move is an aggregator and only pulls certain details off the agents websites, Ive been on blundells and its so tedious to use.

I'm a professional web designer, and I tear my hair out each time I have to use one the main estate agent sites - Blundells, Reeds Rains, Haybrook, Spencers, Bloors. They are all hopeless!

thinkproperty.com is a nice site, but only a few agents have their properties up on it.

rightmove.co.uk is not too bad, but they need a better map system

globrix.com has the most agents I've seen on their site

I'm a professional web designer, and I tear my hair out each time I have to use one the main estate agent sites - Blundells, Reeds Rains, Haybrook, Spencers, Bloors. They are all hopeless!

thinkproperty.com is a nice site, but only a few agents have their properties up on it.

rightmove.co.uk is not too bad, but they need a better map system

globrix.com has the most agents I've seen on their site

I agree. I think RightMove.co.uk is the best one.

Most of the agency sites are awful. How they expect to sell properties with an unworkable website displaying a blurry single picture with very brief descriptions I'll never know.

Saying that, after seeing a blurry photo with hardly any details I requested a viewing... And have now bought it!

We have just sold our house with Saxtom Mee and found their website great, very clear pictures which were done by a professional photographer, easy to navigate as well and they can also include floor plans if needed.