Lowedges Families 60s/70s.

hi tonic i lived on low edges drive from chridtmas 1954 to 0ct 1968, knew most of the names on your post, yes the millers were remarkable once saw them playing football in the old open air theater in graves park there were that many of them they had enough for 2 sides.does anyone remember the smiths lived behind the shops at magpie end ralph susan and roger, the hempshalls also lived there, the chapmans and comptons on the cresent, at the other end was the irvines and the mullins, will dig up some more names later.

heres a few more, the wraggs lowedges cresent as were the dakins obriens, twiggs, austins, and clarkes, low edges drive the ogdens, blades, somonites, clarksons desmonds, pywells, cousins and renshaws to name a few anyone add to this list?.

I lived on Atlantic Road 57-77 in masionettes behind the shops. The lads who I knocked around with were Bob Williamson, Rare'un, Nellie, Big Willy, Talc.

I Knew the Williamsons, spoke to Mrs Willaimson about a year ago.

Hey to all of you I am from the Ball family! So how do you know us and who do you know?

Lisa ball went to school with me.

Just been thinkin and remembered some others....

Dolly from the chip shop

Deaf Doris

the Scrafields

and as mentioned earlier the Williamsons (Janet Williamson always looked after all the wild animals we found as kids)

anybody remember the Evans' near Grennel mower i think?

Also collins and wells

I remember the Percivals, and the Millers. Went to school with Lisa Ball, I remember Malcolm McCourt. The Goddards, the Roberts (Robert Roberts)

It's all coming back

hi m trying to trace the goddards if you have any info of wether they still live there or where they have moved to. especially sandra or james. much appreciated

hi m trying to trace the goddards if you have any info of wether they still live there or where they have moved to. especially sandra or james. much appreciated

Hi, I knew Shaun, he was in my class. He now lives at Norton I understand. He is on Friends Reunited so maybe if you message him on there he can bring up to date on the family.

I was born on the Lowedges and lived on Atlantic road from 57-65 then Lowedges crescent from 65 - 83.

I waent to Bradway school and later Jordanthorpe. I remember the Percival family and knew Kev Percival. The Miller family were remarkable for there ginger hair and number of kids. the Spooners and the Sambrooke's and the Balls and Richardsons were all well known.

Who remembers Jimmy Wayne who lived behind the Magpie? I noticed that alot of you talked about Haggis on previous threads, but who remembers Beverly Wallage who died in the early eighties and was either married or lived with Haggis. She was a lovely lady.

Who remembers Dave Murfin? He lived behind the Magpie and was a quiet if slightly shy guy. Who would have thought he would end up a double murderer after a night of madness?

Names and more names. Anyone remember Maxine McCourt? She was in my class at school and then just disappeared.

In addition to my other replies, it's worth mentioning what a great place it was to grow up, a fantastic community, all the open areas and well tended rose beds, recreation grounds and modern good quality housing.

I will remember it as a perfect childhood amongst terrific people.

I lived on Atlantic Road 57-77 in maisonettes behind the shops. The lads who I knocked around with were Bob Williamson, Rare'un, Nellie, Big Willy, Talc.

Is that John H. ,Paul E.(nellie) here lol and John is the only 1 I remember having lived in the maisonettes.I have great memories of Low Edges but sadly the estate seems to have a bad name these days.