Lowedges Families 60s/70s.

I was born on the Lowedges and lived on Atlantic road from 57-65 then Lowedges crescent from 65 - 83.

I waent to Bradway school and later Jordanthorpe. I remember the Percival family and knew Kev Percival. The Miller family were remarkable for there ginger hair and number of kids. the Spooners and the Sambrooke's and the Balls and Richardsons were all well known.

Who remembers Jimmy Wayne who lived behind the Magpie? I noticed that alot of you talked about Haggis on previous threads, but who remembers Beverly Wallage who died in the early eighties and was either married or lived with Haggis. She was a lovely lady.

Who remembers Dave Murfin? He lived behind the Magpie and was a quiet if slightly shy guy. Who would have thought he would end up a double murderer after a night of madness?

Names and more names. Anyone remember Maxine McCourt? She was in my class at school and then just disappeared.

Hi Tony

I remember most of the names you mentioned. I remember Beverly, you are right she was a lovely lady. I remember Avril Ball, if its the same Ball family you refer to. Big Jimmy Wayne, Also a few others Dave Hopkins,Dave Watson ,Poddy Miller,Steve Clarke,John Robinson,Shaun Middleton,Tony (Noddy) North, Tim Muff ,Mick Jowitt , Trev Hill, The Abreo brothers,

Any one remember the Michael Church showing movies for 6d / 1 shilling

Happy days on the Lowedges in the 60s and 70s. Not so good now i believe though.

I was born on Lupton Rd in 58, no 412 I believe I remember the Slingsbys

I was born on Lupton Rd in 58, no 412 I believe I remember the Slingsbys

Remind me, was Lupton opposite the bus terminus? Been so many years since I was there?

Remind me, was Lupton opposite the bus terminus? Been so many years since I was there?

I think it was, but like yourself it's ages sorry

Not near the terminus, that was at the Grenall Mower end and Lupton Road is the Magpie end.

I think 412 would have been the maisonettes near the end of Gervase Avenue near what is now Greenhill Parkway. That used to be a roughly grassed area we called 'the top field' and what is now Lowedges park was 'the bottom field.

It was great place to grow up.

I remember the Millers, though didn't actually know any of them!

i knew haggis liked a drink of what i can remember :hihi:

Not near the terminus, that was at the Grenall Mower end and Lupton Road is the Magpie end.

I think 412 would have been the maisonettes near the end of Gervase Avenue near what is now Greenhill Parkway. That used to be a roughly grassed area we called 'the top field' and what is now Lowedges park was 'the bottom field.

It was great place to grow up.

I remember the Millers, though didn't actually know any of them!

Cheers as I said its over 45 years since I lived there:)

Cheers as I said its over 45 years since I lived there:)

Yes i recall a family call Slingsby who lived at the top of Lupton Rd.

If you were born in 58 i should know you as i was born in 57. Would you have known the Dickinsons who lived in the maissonettes. I knew Mick and last spotted him on London Rd about 25 years ago.

Other names i recall from that area Ian Blackburn, Glen Broomhead, Roger Hardman, The Hancocks, The Finches --- memories come flooding back of happy times playing on the "Top Field" before the Greenhill Parkway was built.

Yes i recall a family call Slingsby who lived at the top of Lupton Rd.

If you were born in 58 i should know you as i was born in 57. Would you have known the Dickinsons who lived in the maissonettes. I knew Mick and last spotted him on London Rd about 25 years ago.

Other names i recall from that area Ian Blackburn, Glen Broomhead, Roger Hardman, The Hancocks, The Finches --- memories come flooding back of happy times playing on the "Top Field" before the Greenhill Parkway was built.

I hung around with Ozzie Hardman and Chick Hancock, I wonder what they are up to now! I was sad to hear about Bob Williamson

I hung around with Ozzie Hardman and Chick Hancock, I wonder what they are up to now! I was sad to hear about Bob Williamson

Hi Sedith

Was Chicks real name Mick or Paul Hancock

If it was Paul he sadly passed away a few years back.

If its Mick he is still going strong. He still plays football and he must be nearly 60.

I was born 7 lupton drive........1968

anyone know the Salts , Howard , Paul and Keith?