Sign in to follow this  

Planning Applications... any advice?

As the title says, I just wondered if you folks had any experience in the planning application (for the erection of a dwelling) dept. as far as Sheffield City Council goes.

I know its silly of me asking (being a budding surveyor and all!) but its always best to ask anyway, as some of you more experienced folk may have some useful contributions to make.

I have a site which I am looking at delveloping into two, 1 double bedroom flats (which I have estimated to cost me around £35-£40k as I already own the site), with integral garage under them for the parking of two cars. I don't plan to sell them, but rather rent them (current market appraisal shows they should realise £60 - £65 per week minimum each giving an investment income of between £6240 and £6760 respectively, a yield of 16.25% at an average of £6500 based on £40,000 development cost). Development realisation value estimated at circa £85,000 which will then yield 7.64% based on current rents without any increase, if sold to investor.

Initially my plans are to build them to an above average specification allowing future flexibility in rental income.

Anybody had any experience in this or similar. Its my first build project, aside of owning other houses.

1Man&HisBMW

Hi 1 Man,

Been through the planning bit 4 times now and not had any problems really. On the last occasion though when it was indicated that a small bungalow would not be veiwed very favourably it went through planning o.k.

Good idea to keep hold of them if possible and fitting out to a high spec when renting works because they will be snapped up quickly by tennants

Bill

Hi Bill

Thanks for the info - are you into this kind of thing yourself, I of course like to make contact with people with similar ideas!

I will do you some surveys at cost price (ink and paper! haha! :lol: ) When I'm qualified of course!

1Man&HisBMW

PM me if you want a bit of help. Been there more times than I care to remember.