Bad Attitude at Cineworld Centertainment

Went to see Drag me to Hell today, and in addition to the getting ever more frequent picture wobble (which gives me a headache if it's bad), there was a low buzzing feedback-like sound coming from the speakers.

I went and complained and one of the managers called the projection box saying "allegedly" there was a noise coming from the cinema, and that "apparently" the screen was juddering (as if I wasn't standing right next to him). It was an apathetic and somewhat belligerent attitude when I found the movie performance to be far from lacking in quality.

I would have at LEAST expected a discussion on the subject, but it was the attitude. The manager actually said to me: well, other people had no problems with it - what kind of a response is that? He wouldn't even come into the theatre to listen to the noise, stating the movie had finished and we'd have to wait 'till the next showing, despite the music still playing.

I ended up realizing I was onto a loser and ended up just walking away in disgust (which is itself is failed customer service). In fact, it was bad customer service in the extreme.

I really just wanted to rant about it as over the years I've had countless movies start with the tops or bottoms of the films cut off, the sound not working, the heating broken, or movies starting and stopping inexplicably, and I've rarely bothered to complain.

Now I know why...

I had a problem at cineworld with noisy teenagers. Complained to the staff because they was calling each other on their mobiles and they said they didn't have the staff available to deal with it due to 'Flu'. Decided to walk out than carry on watching the film, asked for a refund but no joy.

My favourite cinema is The Showroom. Straight in and usually a good seat. Parking in the area is fairly good too. My only gripe is the bar. Staff are pig ignorant! Never have been served in turn ever. The waiter with red/brown hair is the worst offender. Now I wont even consider a drink in the bar even if they was giving it away for free! Prefer the Rutland Arms up the road, better beer, cheaper prices (a lot cheaper) and good service.

i have the same problem

a bad thing..

never went .

I think as cinemas go, Cineworld is great. Only had one issue, during Hot Fuzz a few years back, the sounds were ear piercingly harsh, I emailed there customer services and they gave me to complimentary tickets. :thumbsup:

We have Unlimited cards and we have 6 months left on them but we have stopped going cos we had a couple of bad experiences recently there with staff attitudes.

We are not complainers - in fact we try to avoid complaining at all costs but we go to cinema to chill out and relax - used to go 4 -6 times per month but lately not sure why - staff have become quite ignorant and rude.

After the 2nd time we complained to a manager (there was 2 standing together) we went over and explained our problem and they didnt wanna know - didnt even try to sort it out while we were there. (as the incident happened before the film we walked out) got home & and wrote a complaintto head office. It took them 4 weeks to write back and basically they said there was nothing they could do.

We have stopped going - cinema is about the experience, we cant go at times we want due to parking (but fair enough thats not the cinemas fault so we dont hold that against them) but when its staff atttudes its a bit more serious.

No point in asking to come out the contract as I know the answer will be no.

Shame really cos very nice facilities.

The only staff member that actually is worth anything is Beakerzoid who is on the forum.

Seems to talk sense and explains anything you need to know

Edited by musbird

A friend and I complained when we were at Cineworld a while back about a group of teenagers misbehaving during the film, the staff were fantastic and gave us a couple of tickets for a free sitting.

They went out of their way to help us and to ensure we were 100% happy when we left. After this experience we got unlimited tickets and I have yet to regret it.

I would write to the cinema manager to complain, see if that helps.

The only staff member that actually is worth anything is Beakerzoid who is on the forum.

Seems to talk sense and explains anything you need to know

That's nice of you to say. Really sorry to read of your experiences, and would like to stress that my collegues are generally just as understanding of issues. Not sure of the exact details of the issues mentioned in this thread, so cannot (and wouldn't on a public forum) comment on them in particular.

Please, give us another shot whilst you still have your cards - You may have just caught some of us during our 'stress head' period (it's a funny time of year May to June, I generally get giddier, and others get more serious). It'd be a shame for your lasting impression of us is one of disappointment.

Just as an addition to this thread, i stopped going to cineworld in centertainment due to moving away from sheff, bit to far.

but, for those complaining about parking as i remember what a pain it was there then just pop down to chesterfield cineworld. admittedly not as good as sheffield one, in my opinion, but i have never, touch wood, had a problem with parking.

most likely someone will come on and argue :rolleyes:

btw, your unlimited card is accepted there

We now visit the Chesterfield one - there are restrictions on the number of movies and the theatres aren't as good. But three weekly visits - no kids ******* around,no feet on chair backs and parked outside the cinema easily.

I thought you could only use the card at the one cinema you choose when you apply for unlimited?

I thought you could only use the card at the one cinema you choose when you apply for unlimited?

nope, i took mine out in sheffield years ago and then cineworld took over ugc and i asked can i use it there.

your allowed to use them in all cineworld in the uk except in london where you have to pay more.

Well I'm going back tomorrow and if there's anything wrong, I'm never going again.

It's just a shame that it's really the only decent cinema in town.

What's VUE at Meadowhall like?