G8 Summit - The politics of it all and our right to protest thread

Mod:

The post was indeed removed because it personally identified individuals.

We take a very dim view of this type of post. Please do not do this again as it may lead to the entire thread being removed.

With you on that Kirky. Couldn't we just drop them off at Clumber park? I saw some trees there that needed a hug.

Total waste of resource keeping this mob in check.

the coppers should use water cannon,not forgetting to add a bit of soap,they'd soon disperse

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Originally posted by kirky

the coppers should use water cannon,not forgetting to add a bit of soap,they'd soon disperse

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

they already have to use tofu rubber bullets incase they hit a vegetarian.

How can you say that? With the coppers beating someone up when they haven't done anything?

This isn't China you know. Sometimes I really despair when I read some of the comments on this site.

You lot really are pathetic with these cliches.

Originally posted by Jerry

Gives a general flavour of what went down:

I think the title you give for 24 is pretty much spot on.

good photos

Originally posted by Tony

Mod:

The post was indeed removed because it personally identified individuals.

We take a very dim view of this type of post. Please do not do this again as it may lead to the entire thread being removed.

presumably the same ones identified by the media if that's where the images were taken from. Who've have thought that an independant forum would be self censoring more than the free press!

Mod:

You know the rules around here. Sheffield Forum isn't a democracy. It is as you say 'an independant forum' and as such is not available for hijacking or misuse.

Didn't we single out and clearly identify a specific protestors a few pages back? No one seemed to care about that happening.

Mod:

This is NOT for discussion. If you think that a particular post should be edited or removed then please use the 'report this post' facility.

To reiterate, if the topic cannot be discussed sensibly then the entire topic will be removed.

Originally posted by Tony

Mod:

You know the rules around here. Sheffield Forum isn't a democracy. It is as you say 'an independant forum' and as such is not available for hijacking or misuse.

Comment removed so that the thread doesn't get killed.

do we have a trigger happy smiley?

Originally posted by jimmy

You lot really are pathetic with these cliches.

i concur.. all these clichés of the police beating people unjustly are starting to wear a bit thin..

frankly, if these idiots haven't got anything better to do than waste police time and cause large scale upset then they deserve a clunk around the head with a baton..