House prices in Mosborough

I have been looking at Blundells Website have have found a number of properties for sale in Mosborough (around Rose Hill) with 4 bed detached houses priced at £160,000

I remember looking at these houses some 5 years ago, just after they were built. I'm wondering what happened, did they miss theproperty price wagon, or is there something more sinister about them?

1Man&HisBMW

I to was looking for houses at the weekend and drove through this part of Mosborough that you mention. From what I could see it looked a really nice area and pretty close to both Sheffield & Chesterfield

I aslo noticed that there is a new estate just on from Rose Hill Avenue where there are some rather impressive 3 Storey detached properties. These looked to be massive in size, although none were for sale.

Living in Chesterfield, I am considering moving to this part of Sheffield as the property looks good value when compared to other areas.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge of this area

Thanks

Andrew

Does anyone have any personal knowledge of this area Thanks

Andrew

I know it quite well. You tend to find there is a lot of idiots around the area all the 'old school' types, car crime quite high and lousy schools ( should you have children)

Better choice would be Sothall ........ very nice, look at http://www.rightmove.co.uk. Nice houses. Meadowgate part is the better - very nice houses. but any part is nice, never had any trouble with crime etc, and nor have any of my neighbours

Lindsey

if the area your on about is up from the birley garden centre on the left into the estate and on over the hill on the left before you get to the lights at mosbourgh,then its mine workings,under that area was old mine workings from once the drift mine which is now under the new homes on the left just before the lights at mosbourgh .and the homes which you can see from the roundabout at moss way on the hill is under the old mine workings coming from brookhouse pit and west thorpe pit.

in time those homes will subside.

Originally posted by Andrew Evans

I to was looking for houses at the weekend and drove through this part of Mosborough that you mention. From what I could see it looked a really nice area and pretty close to both Sheffield & Chesterfield

I aslo noticed that there is a new estate just on from Rose Hill Avenue where there are some rather impressive 3 Storey detached properties. These looked to be massive in size, although none were for sale.

Living in Chesterfield, I am considering moving to this part of Sheffield as the property looks good value when compared to other areas.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge of this area

Thanks

Andrew

I went up there last week to find 3 for sale! I am unsure if 3 bed or not though? They all look very very well..the same!

Have you seen the Kelgate development? Nice houses dow there but £250k +

1Man&HisBMW

George

The estate I am on about is actually in Mosborough, I dont think it is the one that you mentiion (near Ridgeway Arms pub)

Andrew

I live on the Rose Hill development with the "impressive 3 storey detached properties". I moved here just over a year ago and absolutely love it!

I viewed an awful lot of new builds but chose these houses because the spec was so much better than any of the others.

If the "old school" lives here - does that mean that we are actually educated?

If car crime is high - and I am not aware of this - is it because we have cars worth stealing?

and ...

If Ridgeway Primary School is a "lousy school" could Lynsey please show me a better one?

There aren't any houses for sale on here because we all know that we would have to look a long way to find a better one at such a good price.

Firstly - WHEN did I mention RIDGEWAY School ?????????????

Secondly - WHEN did I mention your estate ??????????

FACT : it has the largest car crime poblem in that area

And it's L-I-N-D-S-E-Y

Rosie I agree with you. I don't live a million miles away and have friends on your estate. It's really pleasant and I think that you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere better unless you went to Whirlow or somewhere like that.

I think that Lindsey is mistaking the area for Westfield which I agree is lousey.

Just one small gripe, Ridgeway Primary School is actually in the Derbyshire local education authority. I have to point this out because I'm proud that MY council tax goes towards making it such a fabulous school. Sheffield (which is your education authority) could learn many lessons from Derbyshire about the provision of a good education.

No I wasn't mistaking it for Westfield - which is indeed lousy... I was talking more of the right hand side as you go up ( the estate adjacent to Westfield school ) and the part up the road at the side of the Queen.

That area is nasty. I NEVER mentioned Rosie's estate at all. I do have to agree with you Mo that RIdgeway School ( Derbys LEA ) is a lovely little school.

Originally posted by Lindseyw

Better choice would be Sothall ........ very nice, look at http://www.rightmove.co.uk. Nice houses. Meadowgate part is the better - very nice houses. but any part is nice, never had any trouble with crime etc, and nor have any of my neighbours

Lindsey

Glad to read that - I've just had an offer accepted for a house on Cooks Road - which is sort of on the dividing line between Beighton and Sothall.