The Big Wheel on Fargate

However I do think that Barkers Pool is the better location as there is more space and I think would just look more aesthetically pleasing there but I would imagine the owners of the wheel wanted a location with the largest footfall that they could fit the wheel in and obviously the top of Fargate fits both criteria.

According to the Officer Report on the planning website:

"It should be noted that given the tight nature of the site, Barkers Pool was considered as a possible alternative and ruled out owing to the potential close proximity of the wheel to The War Memorial and disturbance caused to important city events, most notably Remembrance Sunday and The Battle of Britain Parade."

According to the Officer Report on the planning website:

"It should be noted that given the tight nature of the site, Barkers Pool was considered as a possible alternative and ruled out owing to the potential close proximity of the wheel to The War Memorial and disturbance caused to important city events, most notably Remembrance Sunday and The Battle of Britain Parade."

OK. Thanks. I hadn't realised that. In that case then I would probably prefer Devonshire Green. Like some other posters have mentioned I think the top of Fargate is just going to be too overcrowded and it might actually put a few people off shopping in that area for the next 6 months. I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell.

The views should be fantastic anyway whatever location it happens to be in.

Like a lot of people I think that having a big wheel of this size will be good for the city and looks much better than the smaller one they have at Xmas.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/17196777

However I do think that Barkers Pool is the better location as there is more space and I think would just look more aesthetically pleasing there but I would imagine the owners of the wheel wanted a location with the largest footfall that they could fit the wheel in and obviously the top of Fargate fits both criteria.

it is a bigger wheel the biggest fairground ride to hit the city .

when is this going to be put up then????

im trying to find that out

End of this month

At least when you're on the wheel you won't get hassled by chuggers and big issue sellers.

cool, up and running soon then!

At least when you're on the wheel you won't get hassled by chuggers and big issue sellers.

You could be very surprised. The Wheel could be a brand new way to solicit cash from people!