The Big Wheel on Fargate

seen as my previous post got taken off the sterotyping of fairground workers is shocking and btw we have nothing in common

Just been in Town and workmen are cutting out lamp posts and cycle racks at top of fargate to make room for the wheel, so it must be arriving soon. Told it comes on 20 trailers, should be fun in fargate then.

is it definitely going to be at the top of Fargate?

Does anyone know when the big wheel is supposed to go up?

According to the local news this morning they've started building it already.

Been told by 'a man in the know' today, if everything goes to plan it should be up and running by the end of next week.

I can't see the point in it, it's in a terrible location. It's now the 4th reason for me to avoid fargate.

What are the other three?

The people with the clip boards harrassing you for card details for charity, the various street sellers and jesus preachers and the big issue sellers.

So five things really :hihi:

I can't see the point of this wheel either. It isn't exactly a vantage point for the surrounding area is it? There are plenty office blocks where you'd get a better view from. Do we have to turn Fargate into a fairground? Just because Manchester has one doesn't mean we need one. Can't we be more original?