An early opening cafe near Sheffield Wednesday ground

I have an exam next Monday at the Wednesday ground. I couldn't find a local phone no. for the venue to check when they are open in the morning, as I was hoping to do some work before the exam (which is at 10am).

In any case, I am guessing they would not open earlier than 9, so does anybody know of a cafe where I could go as early as possible in the morning and do some work, and have breakfast? Preferably walking distance from the ground.

I am not a uni student so can't go to the 24hr library in case anybody suggest it.

there's one near hillsborough park, is it called maggies or something?? just past the bottom of minto road, then you could walk through the park to the ground (5mins) would have to check what time they open though

Thanks for this, the location sounds perfect! Here's hoping they open early:)

I know they are not everybodys cup of tea but most mcdonalds open early these days the one at archer road opens at 6am so the hillsborough one will probably open at same time

Thanks for the idea bus man, I haven't thought about McDonalds! Well it's not usually my cup of tea but it does the job as it opens so early, as long I can sit quietly and read my books I'm happy.

Where is the Hillsborogh one, I'm trying to remember if it's near the Owlerton stadium? Or is that KFC?

Thanks for the idea bus man, I haven't thought about McDonalds! Well it's not usually my cup of tea but it does the job as it opens so early, as long I can sit quietly and read my books I'm happy.

Where is the Hillsborogh one, I'm trying to remember if it's near the Owlerton stadium? Or is that KFC?

yes its near kfc, the other side of b&q

I dont particualry like macs but the breakfast menu isnt too bad and its very usefull early in the day i use the archer road one especaily on sundays if iam doing an early morning job ie after 6 am as stuff is usualy cooked to order and it is quick

Looks like it's going to be McDs then, I'll have to drive to the football ground from it I suppose. Thanks guys I wouldn't have thought about it!

There's Beres pork sandwich shop just across the road from the ground - much better than McDs and you can walk to it.

There is also a cafe at the side of the ground on penistone rd across the road from stb car sales, just up from quik fit tyres.

theres burger king at the roundabout on herrie road too

There is also a cafe at the side of the ground on penistone rd across the road from stb car sales, just up from quik fit tyres.

Yep - look for the Alarra B&B - there is an early opening cafe there on the corner - it's on Penistone Road and about a couple of minutes walk to the ground.