Sign in to follow this  

Is it worth getting a phone that won't go onto 3g network?

The time has come when the iPhone has become boring so am thinking of upgrading to something else! :o

So I havebeen looking around at other new mobiles, I would like something a bit more jazzy in terms of menus etc....however I am posed with a problem;

The phone I have an interest in doesn't support 3g only Edge. Now, I think that the Edge network is the old one that all phones used to be on and is rubbish now as it doesn't work in packets.

So, I am even more confused!!! Would I have problems with only being able to get onto Edge and not 3g network?

A snazzy mobile phone is just a substitute for having friends. Forget a new phone and go out and meet some new people instead. Talking face to face is a lot more fun than texting!

Edited by Randy
spelling mistake

Depends if you use 3G or not and if you find it any use. Simple really.

A snazzy mobile phone is just a substitute for having friends. Forget a new phone and go out and meet some new people instead. Talking face to face is a lot more fun than texting!

Says you posting on the forum!

If your not using it for the internet then 3g is not needed. If you are then it's worth getting.

You muppet!

Says you posting on the forum!

If your not using it for the internet then 3g is not needed. If you are then it's worth getting.

Thanks Neeeeeeeeeek, so all it is used for is the net then? So if I want to check my emails etc...I would get a slow speed when trying to do that?

Edited by boutiquechoc

You muppet!

Thanks Neeeeeeeeeek, so all it is used for is the net then? So if I want to check my emails etc...I would get a slow speed when trying to do that?

That's basically it - you also couldn't make video calls (but who does!), but the main disadvantage is definitely a slower speed for anything internet-related

OMG what a quandary your in :o

Tell you what, me and my mates will discuss your pain tomorrow over brunch. If only Perrier could make a phone, imagine how very cosmopolitan you would look sat outside the coffee bar :rolleyes: