Travellers Cheques, good place in Sheffield pls..

I'm after some travellers cheques, first time I will have used any (can't believe that!) anything I should look out for like silly exchange rates or fees? Where is a good place in Sheffield to go for them?

Thanks, W

Having been abroad earlier this year for first time in ages we decided to take a mixture of cash, travellers cheques and a Post Office travel card. We brought back almost all the travellers cheques unused. We used the cash we had taken then used the travel card in the ATM machines which was far easier than queing in the banks and taking the passport out. Thomas Cook charged £30 per £1000 TC's then wanted to charge the same to cash them back! So took them to the Halifax where they paid them into our account like paying in cash with no charge so just beware. But i can recommend the travel cards they are much easier to use.

I was going to say... does anybody still use travellers' cheques?

I'd certainly recommend the PO travel card.

Apart from anything else, it has the advantage that, should you have any money left on it when you return, rather than having to faff around getting it changed back, you can just continue using the card as normal in this country until it runs out.

Just seen the post office card mentioned so had a look but there appears to be more fees than other cards, such as even loading it will sterling in the first place will cost you. The currency card i got last year was Caxton FX, having had a look on the martin lewis website and it was spot on. Fewer charges than the rest and guarantees the best exchange rate.