Stocksbridge Development-Retail not Regeneration

and on the vid there is 2 lanes next to the town hall they must be going to knock down the corner shop across from the town hall,

The scheme plan is here:

http://www.dransfield.co.uk/images/plans/full/83.png

They are knocking down part of a building and rebuilding the gable wall in order to widen the site entrance.

Regards

Doom

Anybody know when they are breaking ground if at all :roll:

and on the vid there is 2 lanes next to the town hall they must be going to knock down the corner shop across from the town hall,

Which corner Shop are we talking about, all I can see is Yvonnes Hairdressers with the New Fox Valley plaque on the side of it.

Anybody know when they are breaking ground if at all :roll:

Are they waiting for the spring maybe?

It said 'Autumn 2013' on the plans but we've not seen or heard anything yet

We're still in Autumn.

For a scheme of this size there will undoubtedly be quite a bit of toing and froing between the preferred tenderer and the employer to sort out any qualifications in the submitted tender and possibly discuss cost savings if the tender exceeds the budget.

Regards

Doom

No doubt the excess administrative red-tape and paper pushing will help exceed the budget.

Which corner Shop are we talking about, all I can see is Yvonnes Hairdressers with the New Fox Valley plaque on the side of it.

The Abacus portfolio management building is being demolished, the builders have been in measuring for the quote.

They have to vacate by December,the original plan was to demolish up to the pub but the plan's were changed

Yes sorry its the Abacus Building on the end not Yvonnes. So it will probably be a winter start then next year as they've been given till Dec to vacate.

http://www.dransfield.co.uk/news.php?id=747

It seems to have taken another step forward, which is certainly good news as far as I'm concerned.

I can't say I'm surprised how long it is taking to get on site though, having witnessed the shambles that was the tender process.

Regards

Doom

To be fair it must be abit of a headache.

You've got several large multi-nationals involved, obviously the council and the highways agency as well (for the A616 access)

With it being late Jan I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them was stalling for time to bump the costs into next financial year and slightly improve the look of this year.

http://www.dransfield.co.uk/news.php?id=747

It seems to have taken another step forward, which is certainly good news as far as I'm concerned.

I can't say I'm surprised how long it is taking to get on site though, having witnessed the shambles that was the tender process.

Regards

Doom

I'm not surprised either; your town planers are very hard of thinking.

Is the answer to every regeneration problem to simply build a new Tesco?

Look at Spital Hill :D