Stocksbridge Development-Retail not Regeneration

The retail offer is an odd mix. Aldi, Sports Direct and Home Bargains on the one side, Sea Salt etc on the other.

Behind the retail a new housing estate is being built. It would be like living in a sink.

...In my opinion the Wadsley Sainsburys...

Wadsley Bridge.

Wadsley Bridge.

Hodor.......

The retail offer is an odd mix. Aldi, Sports Direct and Home Bargains on the one side, Sea Salt etc on the other.

Behind the retail a new housing estate is being built. It would be like living in a sink.

I think it's a good mix of stuff, some more unusual shops alongside the regular things. I'm really looking forward to having a Pets at Home on our doorstep especially!

The new restaurant near the roundabout looks nice from what I've seen driving past. Looking forward to trying it out.

Overall I'm really positive about it and pleased it's opened today. Will be down there later tonight :D

I think it's a good mix of stuff, some more unusual shops alongside the regular things. I'm really looking forward to having a Pets at Home on our doorstep especially!

The new restaurant near the roundabout looks nice from what I've seen driving past. Looking forward to trying it out.

Overall I'm really positive about it and pleased it's opened today. Will be down there later tonight :D

I also think the mix is good, i'm pretty sure the people who visit Aldi will also visit Seasalt etc. The NYC bar/Grill looks interesting.

The BBC mentioned this in the local news, which is the first I've heard about it. So I looked up the website.

http://www.foxvalleysheffield.co.uk/

What are they hosting it on, a mid level virgin residential cable?

So the website is very slow, and when I finally got the list of stores loaded

http://www.foxvalleysheffield.co.uk/stores

It's rather short and not very inspiring.

I guess I might go once, just to check the place out, but I can't see it being somewhere I'd go to shop often.

whats wrong with pet stop in stocksbridge amanda does a fantastic job and her customer services skills are second to none

whats wrong with pet stop in stocksbridge amanda does a fantastic job and her customer services skills are second to none

Who said there was anything wrong with it? However we live in a free market economy and if someone wants to open another pet store around the corner, there is nothing stopping them from doing so (assuming they apply for and conform to any licenses/regulations in place)

They are too expensive. Some of their prices are a total rip off.

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 14:54 ----------

And now it's open, what are your thoughts? I've seen it being built and drive past it most days, I think it fits in great and will be a valued development in the valley.

I'll be popping down later after work, but passing impressions are good.

Im going to pop down later today and have a look round. Like you, ive seen it being built and it looks good.

Been told by someone i know who has got a job in the new Restaurant that its a bit on the pricey side.

There is a thread going about the development - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=484264&page=9

As i'm from the area the development is welcomed, a nice selection of shops and a nice layout, i'll pop down and have a proper look later after work but from reading local FB posts it's proving a hit.

I just wish the Wadsley Bridge Sainsburys was here instead, as I think it would have done much more trade.

IIRC it was earmarked for a Tesco store, until they pulled the plug.

The retail park in general might have done better with a stronger anchor store, I'm not sure a big Aldi is enough of a pull because there's already loads of them around???

They don't sell the brand of dog or cat food I use and there's only very limited parking outside, which is usually busy. A problem when you need to carry 20kgs of food out....

Possibly they deliver but I'm out all day and they don't even seem to have a website to find out or order anything, see what's on offer etc.