Stocksbridge Development-Retail not Regeneration

I'm not surprised either; your town planers are very hard of thinking.

Is the answer to every regeneration problem to simply build a new Tesco?

Look at Spital Hill :D

Obviously not!

They also build Aldi as well :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

We definitely need supermarket cheaper than co-op! And more job opportunities in this area!

too right Jessica,

and hopefully the influx will boost local businesses and promote much needed growth.

We definitely need supermarket cheaper than co-op! And more job opportunities in this area!

And that doesn't sell food that goes off as soon as you walk out the shop like the shonky co-op produce does!

Good news that the plans are still chugging away.... I'm a little concerned at the lack of any mention of the swimming pool in the list there though? We need a pool back in place! Hope it's not been dropped as it's unclear when the community leisure centre pool will be back in business.

If only they could get the rail link in to town sorted as well it'd be brilliant - people could come from all the surrounding areas to park and ride in to town for work (which would be really quick), and do their shopping/have a swim etc on the way home.

And that doesn't sell food that goes off as soon as you walk out the shop like the shonky co-op produce does!

Good news that the plans are still chugging away.... I'm a little concerned at the lack of any mention of the swimming pool in the list there though? We need a pool back in place! Hope it's not been dropped as it's unclear when the community leisure centre pool will be back in business.

If only they could get the rail link in to town sorted as well it'd be brilliant - people could come from all the surrounding areas to park and ride in to town for work (which would be really quick), and do their shopping/have a swim etc on the way home.

Most of the track from Stocksbridge back into sheffield is now a single track bed now isnt it ? Would it be financially viable to restore it to a double track to carry passenger trains ? The single track is perfect for what its used for now for the steel shunter running between Fox`s and Rotherham steel works, but it couldnt be used as it is for passenger trains. Also new stations would have to be built in various places for passenger uses.

Most of the track from Stocksbridge back into sheffield is now a single track bed now isnt it ? Would it be financially viable to restore it to a double track to carry passenger trains ? The single track is perfect for what its used for now for the steel shunter running between Fox`s and Rotherham steel works, but it couldnt be used as it is for passenger trains. Also new stations would have to be built in various places for passenger uses.

It is a single track yes, but I'd imagine as the journey would be very quick you could get a half-hourly service by just running back and forth on one line. I don't think intermediate stops were planned but I'm not sure.

I think if it were linked in with the new development with a park and ride, it would be viable, serving as a gateway into sheffield for people from all around the area. Also it might get people who are wanting to come and explore this end of the Peaks to use it too (maybe the current SL bus route could be modified somewhat to both get people to the train and get people from the train to the edges of Stocky to go walking).

At a predicted 11 mins into central Sheffield, you'd be mad not to use it, it'd be great for this area, for the new development and for commuters from all around.

http://donvalleyrailway.org/feasibilitystudy/ there is hope:)

Obviously not!

They also build Aldi as well :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Woah :wow:

CALLING ALL PROPERTY DEVELOPERS:

Stocksbridge is a town on the up! Get them planning applications in NOW

Keep up this breathtaking pace of development, and you'll be Sheffield was ten years ago (and has stayed ever since :blush: )

I think the plans for the pool are being incorporated in the plans for the Chapeltown pool i.e. a new pool in High Green which would cover Chapeltown and Stocksbridge. Not sure how they think that will work, but apparently the council think its a good idea.

There was an article in the local paper ages ago about a leisure centre being built as part of the Fox Valley development that would include a swimming pool. I think this was just before 4SLC were successful in gaining ownership of the existing centre though? Could be wrong.

They'll probably put a mega-expensive Virgin or Sam Jones gym down there!

I believe there's already a Gym going into the block where the swimming pool is.

The swimming pool was a late addition, which is one of the reasons why the tender period was delayed.

Regards

Doom