Stocksbridge Development-Retail not Regeneration

The BBC mentioned this in the local news, which is the first I've heard about it. So I looked up the website.

http://www.foxvalleysheffield.co.uk/

What are they hosting it on, a mid level virgin residential cable?

So the website is very slow, and when I finally got the list of stores loaded

http://www.foxvalleysheffield.co.uk/stores

It's rather short and not very inspiring.

I guess I might go once, just to check the place out, but I can't see it being somewhere I'd go to shop often.

The bike shop could be interesting...

I feel the development when fully open is just what Stocksbridge needs, one thing though that is putting me off with regard to Pontis, is that whenever you enter the development from the by-pass i cannot help but notice a lot of the kitchen staff congregating around a rear door and all smoking.

I appreciate that this might happen in a lot of restaurants, but this is something i would not want to see if I was planning on eating there.

I feel the development when fully open is just what Stocksbridge needs, one thing though that is putting me off with regard to Pontis, is that whenever you enter the development from the by-pass i cannot help but notice a lot of the kitchen staff congregating around a rear door and all smoking.

I appreciate that this might happen in a lot of restaurants, but this is something i would not want to see if I was planning on eating there.

As long as they aint flicking fag ash in your grub whats the problem ?

Sounds quite authentic to be honest.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Sounds quite authentic to be honest.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I used to frequent transport cafes back in the day when a bit of fag ash in your tea was the norm. A quick stir and its gone . :hihi::hihi:

I think the place looks absolutely fantastic but with the shops that are open at the minute, it's pretty rubbish. They'd have been better off waiting a few months till Next & Sandersons were ready to open.

Had a look at the menus for the 2 restaurants and I don't think they're too badly priced. They're not cheap but they're not obscene either. £6-£7 for a beer is ridiculous of course but it's only the same at Pizza Express.

The Silver Fox is closed.

No it isn't, been re-opened a couple of months now. Had quite a nice refurb.

I think the place looks absolutely fantastic but with the shops that are open at the minute, it's pretty rubbish. They'd have been better off waiting a few months till Next & Sandersons were ready to open.

Had a look at the menus for the 2 restaurants and I don't think they're too badly priced. They're not cheap but they're not obscene either. £6-£7 for a beer is ridiculous of course but it's only the same at Pizza Express.

No it isn't, been re-opened a couple of months now. Had quite a nice refurb.

You can refurb the pub, but sadly you are still stuck with the same punters .

Stocksbridge is a good 25-30 minutes outside of the city centre, so it's hardly compatible with Manchester or Leeds is it??

In fact I'm sure you could get into Leeds just as quick as you could Sheffield from Stocksbridge it's that far away from the city.

I'd like to see you get to Leeds in under 30 minutes from Stocksbridge. Stocksbridge is about 8 miles from Sheffield city centre and 25 miles from Leeds city centre.

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 08:39 ----------

As long as they aint flicking fag ash in your grub whats the problem ?

Not everyone's a scrubber.

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 08:40 ----------

You can refurb the pub, but sadly you are still stuck with the same punters .

Oh the irony.

Well I've visited the new development a few times now and think it's really nicely done, looking forward to the rest of the shops opening.

Haven't had chance to try either restaurant yet though.

Now all we need is the passenger railway with a park and ride at the new development :D

Now all we need is the passenger railway with a park and ride at the new development :D

Tram/train type effort has been discussed before, convert the existing train line.

It might be more of a possibility if the TATA steel works closes??

Tram/train type effort has been discussed before, convert the existing train line.

It might be more of a possibility if the TATA steel works closes??

Wouldnt be cheap . The line is only a single track