What Have You Harvested Upto Now?

Been picking and eating courgettes all week and they are very tasty in stir fries and a tomato sauce with onions and peppers.

Runner beans are now flowering but tomatos have some way to go yet.

An abundance of crops this week. The second early spuds are fantastic- as are the sugar snap peas, courgettes, radishes and cabbage trimmings.:hihi:

Unfortunately my runner beans are not doing too well this year- anyone elses?:huh:

My first courgette today :)

toms but green at the mo

podded peas got a few on,

had first crop of potatoes few weeks ago, only very small so should have left them.

peppers need transplanting

cucumbers still only small plants - should have planted eariler

swede coming on nice, carrots still small, sweetcorn none as yet (only 5 plants)

only planted a few of everything to see how it goes as its my first year at veg :)

peas galore!

also the odd strawberry and rasberry

We harvested the beetroot at school on Wednesday :D I don't know if they tasted good as I didn't get any - they looked good though (baby beetroot size). Our peas are nearly exhausted too. Our dwarf beans have been almost entirely eaten by evil slugs :( Next week we are cutting the lettuce and possibly pulling the onions (which is a shame as they really could do with longer but its the last week next week). Unfortunately for the kids the potatoes and strawberries wont be ready (but fortunately for me :lol: )

Salads and herbs galore - enough lettuces to make a huge one each day. Enough starwberries and raspberries to add to our ice cream for a nice dessert too. Courgettes are about to start delivering and we've just got some teeny tiny baby cucumbers on our plants. The first time we've grown them.

lettuce, rocket, spring onion, potatoes, and loads of herbs. Fennel eaten by slugs :( Peas coming on well, so are toms (just need to turn red) chillis, peppers, cucumbers looking good too...sweetcorn had a bit of a diaster with both wind & slugs :(

i had some wonderful mustard red leaf to use in salads but thats flowered now....tasted fantastic...will definitely sow that again next year.

Edited by green

Things are in full force now.

I am now harvesting, carrots, peas, beans(first few runners), lots and lots of spuds, more peas, main crop strawbs(lates are starting to flower now too), beetroot, cabbage, spring onion, lettuce. I'm sure there is more that I have forgot. I'm hardley buying any veg or salad at the moment, which is great.

My first chilli is almost ready, I have some rose coloured toms too. First cuc is almost at a pickable stage.

Had a little trouble with blossom end rot though, but I think its now sorted.

As this is my second year its definatley going loads better than last year esp. with the added growing space of the alloment, i'm almost self suficient vet/salad/fruit wise.

My peas failed :( we got less than half a cupful from about 50 plants :o

We are in full harvest season too though, peas, beetroot, potatoes, rasps, loganberries, goosegogs, strawbs, onions, lettuce...

how do you know when carrots are ready????

Can i just say well done to everyone growing crops - its not rocket science i know, but its a bit of a uphill struggle to keep all the bugs and snails at bay.

I have harvested another corgette today, and awaiting toms still green, peas lots on just to get fatter. Peppers plants growing but no peppers as yet.

how do you know when carrots are ready????

Dunno, I just pulled some and they looked like carrots (albeit funny shapped carrots) and tasted lovley with some fresh peas.