Railway line at Parkwood Springs

That's more like a dream than a scheme.

Who's going to pay the hundreds of thousands of pounds that it would cost

to set up and run?

The People of Oughtibridge, Deepcar and Stocksbridge would be better served

by a dedicated feeder bus service that connected them with the fabulous

SuperTram service from Middlewood.

SYPTE pull your finger out.

The Supertram bus link from Stocksbridge to Middlewood has been in service since July 2007!

Edited by silverknight

The Supertram bus link from Stocksbridge to Middlewood has been in service since July 2007!

Oh Good! Tramlink.

So we can forget about a rail link.

Nice vid Bus Man. I would have gone up myself if I had known it was going to be 2x66s.

I thought it was just going to be one of the departmental stock locos.

Dont forget the time above are in use till early december - subject to leaf fall !

just to let you know that as far as i know the only trains to go on that line are feight trains and they dont travel to the steel works at stocksbridge they travel to the steelworks at the bottom of foxhill behind the old station at about 2 in the morning (varied) and you can get onto the line there aswell from the bottom where the hillsborough snooker club is as there is a little footpath that leads directly onto the old line
the freight trains only go upto stocksbridge steelworks, they dont serve any other company on the line

anyone got any more pics of this leaf clearing train yet?

Isnt a video good enough then !
thanks busman, iv already seen that video, i just wondered if anyone had managed to get anymore footage

Its leafbusting time again , this year we have the class 20s back today at around 1420 at woodburn road bridge

IMGP2216a.jpg

Reopen the railway to stocksbridge,i would use it,much faster than buses and more comfortable.Think they are mainly class 66 locomotives the only ones powerful enough to get up the incline with the heavy load.Electrics used to go up the line with two engines at the front.Steam engines used to use two at the front and two banking engines at the back.Surprisingly steep when cycling up to dunford bridge especially with the wind blowing straight at you.

Reopen the railway to stocksbridge,i would use it,much faster than buses and more comfortable.Think they are mainly class 66 locomotives the only ones powerful enough to get up the incline with the heavy load.Electrics used to go up the line with two engines at the front.Steam engines used to use two at the front and two banking engines at the back.Surprisingly steep when cycling up to dunford bridge especially with the wind blowing straight at you.

see my previous posts for a link to a short video penistone to wortley by bike on the old line.

Edited by choogling