Sunday walk and Barbeque, 7th June - CANCELLED due to weather forecast.

***************WALK CANCELLED**********************

Walk and Barbeque, Carsington Water, Sunday 7th June

Plenty of warning for this one, which will involve an 8 mile walk round Carsington Water, followed by a barbeque in the afternoon at the Country Park there.

For anyone who has never been to Carsington Water, it is in a beautiful setting, with lots of attractions there including shops, water sports, a wildlife centre, conservation areas and barbeque areas.

What we are intending to do is do the walk as we normally would in the morning, then after a bit of free time to have a look round the Vistors and Wildlife centres etc, have a bbq late afternoon, weather permitting.

As there will be quite a bit of organisation involved, we need definite commitment from people who are going to stay for the bbq, although if anybody just wants to come on the walk, they can just do that if they want.

Billysmum, Hippiechick3 and myself will get all the food for the bbq, and also charcoal, paper plates, disposable cutlery and glasses etc, and there will be a flat charge of somewhere @ £3 per person for this, payable on the day. Drinks will not be provided, so please bring your own or obtain them at the Centres shop or cafe (no bar at the centre, so bring your own alcohol if you want some). It would also be a good idea to bring chairs or picnic blankets too.

Meeting point is 10.30 in the Visitors Centre Car park - it would be handy if everybody could try and park in the same section of the car park, it is quite a large one, and the best place to meet up is on the right hand section as you go in as this is close to the barbeque area.

As it is obviously dependent on the weather as to whether we have the bbq or not, we will make a decision on this on the Saturday at the latest.

Finally, as usual, I think we need to do a bit of car sharing for this one, so can anyone needing a lift please say so, and anyone with spare places state this in their post if they don't mind.

Edited by scoobz
amendment

Won't be able to come on this one :( You'll all have a great time, it's a lovely place!

ooooooooo Hemlock that is my fault, and my horrid work pattern. Scoobz i had better say i am going on this hahahha yep defo up for this one. Am i ok for a lift please. xxx

Edited by scoobz
remove real name

Me and Rivelin6 would like to come on this. We'd appreciate a lift from the Brook Hill / University or Malin Bridge area, ta.

I'd like to come along, but I'm not sure where it is (I don't get out much). Do you have a map reference for it please?

Count me in for the walk and BBQ, the picnic blankets already packed in the car. Any idea on car park charges if any?

ooooooooo Hemlock that is my fault, and my horrid work pattern. Scoobz i had better say i am going on this hahahha yep defo up for this one. Am i ok for a lift please. xxx

Don't be daft Eclaire!! It's my decision not to go, no-one elses :thumbsup:

Well it wont be the same it never is when you are not on the walks. xxxx

Sorry, wont be able to make it after all. Hope it stays sunny and you all have a great time. See you soon