Buying a laptop, where, what blah blah....advice please.

I've been pushing and poking bits, turning it upside down, blowing in various holes.......I'll try again later.

I've googled this 'operating system failed' it sounds like a popular problem!

lmao

we are still on about the lappy arent we:):o

lmao

we are still on about the lappy arent we:):o

:hihi:

I've had the screwdriver out as well but they are not budging. It's a mans job!

Looked for those netbook things you said about, cheapest new I saw was £170. Not bad.

for what you want a netbook should be sound

make sure its 1 of the 1.6mhz atom cpu,s because some of them are only little 400mhz

with the atom cpu,s i think youll notice a difference

also the bigger the screen the better

the 7inch screens are a bit too pokey

the 9s & 10s are better

Go onto http://www.laptop-direct.com or co.uk an they have loads of laptops to buy as sometimes with ebay the sellers show a nice discription of the laptop until you get it

try your link, think they might have done a runner

this is the message i get

"This domain might be for sale or lease"

This web site have some of the best laptop prices, they are based in Huddersfield and you can go to their store and buy/collect during normal shopping hours.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/

Hmm, out of your 8 posts you've plugged cbccomputers 3 times, biased much? :rolleyes:

Hmm, out of your 8 posts you've plugged cbccomputers 3 times, biased much? :rolleyes:

Not biased, just letting people know that they sell affordable laptops... whats wrong with that?

The guys have given you some good advice here and hopefully you'll get your old machine working. If you decide to go for a new one take at look at our Eee pc netbook prices, they are pretty keen. We've sold hundreds of Eee pcs and not seen many problems at all. You can get the very basic Eee pc for £153.59. I think I'm going to get one of these just to sit downstairs and run iTunes next to my Hi-Fi. and it will give me wireless Internet access for checking the website and email.

I will be putting XP on it as iTunes doesn't run on Linux. Actually do any of you know if anyone has come up with a Linux application that can link to an iTunes server (iTunes running on another PC on a network). Not Googled it yet but must get round to looking then I won't need to install XP

Music sharing on networks and the complexity of it confuses me. People seem to fanny about with Winamp remote plugins, iTunes limitations and wotnot. I just share my music folder across the network and play it all from any PC on the network with any media player that takes my fancy in any OS. Is that too simple?