BNP Megathread (23-05-2009 to 29-06-2009)

That’s not what I said or the labour MP. She claimed that the BNP would ban tourists and students if they were not white, which the BNP has never even hinted at.

Serapis it is in their manifesto.

Our first step will be to shut the door. A BNP government would accept no further immigration from any of the parts of the world which present the prospect of an almost limitless flow of immigration: Africa, Asia, China, Eastern and South Eastern Europe, the Middle East and South America would all be placed on an immediate ‘stop’ list. This would later be subject to review in the case of genuine students accepted for training as part of our long-term policy of helping to build up Third World economies in order to facilitate the voluntary return of their nationals or their descendants under our long-tern resettlement programme.

They say they will review applications from Students.. but that the review will happen later (6 months, a year, never?). As for the last half of the paragraph it is frankly laughable that they couch their policy in those terms, especially considering their criticisms of overseas aid.

In relation to the issue, it is in the manifesto that they will ban foreign students from Countries including the Commonwealth where there is low european (white) settlement.

As for tourism I suggest the likely response of the international community to a BNP led racist Govt with the rights afforded to British citizens categorised according to their racial history would be similar to the experience of Apartheid South Africa. A country that not only was brought to its knees by a public boycott, but also a boycott by many businesses as well. The parallels are inescapable and the consequences of a BNP led Govt not just conjecture but the obvious result of looking at the precedents.

It seems many of the BNP's opponents are trying to put words in their mouths and antagonise them into biting back.

On the contrary the evidence of this example is of BNP supporters denying what is plainly there in their policy.

This is not good democracy whatever way you look at it.

Agreed.

Edited by Wildcat

It says to me that Griffin will do well in politics by rattling the right cages.

..I think the eggs were free range :hihi:

..I think the eggs were free range :hihi:

Yeah but were they white or brown.

i read today that the other guy that....not adolf griffin, is actually descended from a german immigrant.............oh the irony.

hope he'll be repratiating himself if they ever get into government

It says to me that Griffin will do well in politics by rattling the right cages.

Any nobody can make their name for the wrong reasons.

Im not sure what you mean boyfriday, sorry.

Oh yes I would agree, as an isolated incident this is no big deal, but it seems to be the accepted norm to attack the BNP. This is not acceptable in a democratic nation and if we continue to allow this kind action to take place how are we supposed to play our role on the world stage for democracy.

With regards to other politicians being attacked, it seemed to me by what I saw on the BBC news that there was an insufficient police presence. I remember John major going to Luton to do one of his soapbox speeches and being pelted by eggs. The police presence by comparison was tiny for the BNP. If the police can hold back protesters in the capital why did they allow the anti fascists to walk directly up to the BNP?

ooh do i smell a bit of right wing paranoia?

oh of course the whole police service is left wing and deliberetly left the bnp to get attacked

oh of course the whole police service is left wing and deliberetly left the bnp to get attacked

I believe the self-indignation thing is a continuous tactic of the BNP, it helps trick the easily led in to rooting for the underdog.

Im not sure what you mean boyfriday, sorry.

..it just appeared as though your concern was motivated by sympathy for the recipient, rather than the act itself, politicians have been 'ragged' by politicians for centuries, apologises if my comment was unclear.

Oh yes I would agree, as an isolated incident this is no big deal, but it seems to be the accepted norm to attack the BNP. This is not acceptable in a democratic nation and if we continue to allow this kind action to take place how are we supposed to play our role on the world stage for democracy.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to demonstrate peacefully against anyone we disagree with, if the BNP attract a greater amount of criticism it's of their own making since they have the most outlandish policies. I've yet to see any serious demonstration against UKIP for example, who have more sane policies in respect of immigration.

With regards to other politicians being attacked, it seemed to me by what I saw on the BBC news that there was an insufficient police presence. I remember John major going to Luton to do one of his soapbox speeches and being pelted by eggs. The police presence by comparison was tiny for the BNP. If the police can hold back protesters in the capital why did they allow the anti fascists to walk directly up to the BNP?

I think John Major was prime minister at the time, so the police presence would have been high anyway.

Nick Griffin knew exactly what he was doing, by holding a press conference on a public street.

If he was serious about avoiding a disturbance then it could have been conducted in a studio, but of course the faux indignation from him on TV screens tonight was worth the cleaning bill for his suit, as far as he's concerned.

The Muslim anti war protestors in Luton used a similar tactic, by inflaming a delicate sitution.

Having said that I still believe it's wrong to physically attack anybody, whatever their political persuasion.

Will you be saying the same thing if the coppers left the 'bovver booted, skinhead', BNP thugs to attack a politician....oh I forgot, they don't exist really do they......unless you believe your own hype and paranoia :thumbsup:

I believe the self-indignation thing is a continuous tactic of the BNP, it helps trick the easily led in to rooting for the underdog.

True, antics... but I bet they are STILL living in a house with no indoor loo, because those filthy immigrants are living in all the council housing!