BNP Megathread (23-05-2009 to 29-06-2009)

The population of Britain couldnt survive with the number of hospitals that only the indigenous population could staff.

The NHS was created for a reason stewpot, health services for poorer people were appalling and not comprehensive, the people required to run it couldn't be magic'd up from nowhere.

Despite what the detractors say, there are still skills shortages in the NHS, it's a huge business that needs to make the best of limited resources including the management of the labour supply, if you want it any other way, you better dig deeper into your pockets and pay a lot more in tax.

As I've said earlier what would people who object to immigrants prefer, to wait for an indigenous doctor to perform their appendectomy and die in the waiting or have it carried out immediately as an emergency by a well qualified foreign surgeon and be cared for afterwards by a Phillipino nurse?

With all due respect this is rubbish....I can tell you from raw experience this is not the case, newly qualified nurses now fight for Jobs, the cohort of 2003 there were aprox 200+ newly qualified nurses, 80 obtained positions the remainder either looked for other employment or were actively encouraged to apply abroad. I attended a graduation as guest in 2004 where one of the lecturers was consoling some of the students (first class nurses by the way), his answer come and see me I've got a contract with a recruitment agency to get you work in Australia. This is not confined to nurses doctors are in the same position, we now have far to many doctors, I've spoken to many who have been quite upset that they now have to look beyond our shores for employment. The problem we have in this country is that our government see the employment of foreign skilled nationals as being the cheapest option. Why spend tens of thousands training an individual when it cost nothing to employ a trained foreign national. May I also add think about the countries these individuals come from, we as country are stripping them of their skilled workforce. I'll give Australia as an example they will no longer take any foreign nationals unless they meet a very very strict criteria, one being that applicants must prove they have an English secondary school education, I've seen firsthand the reason why this was implemented and though sad it was necessary. I suggest a little reading of the journals ascociated with these occupations, nursing standard, nursing times as well as the ascociated forums for both nurses and doctors.

So we kick all the non-British (and non-whites) out, then what happens? Countries around the world retaliate by booting our ex-pats out (which are greater in number than immigrants in the UK), including pensioners. Stupid idea.

You refer to the UAF as facists, presumably you perceive the term negatively? How could a party committed to racial segregation and a dictatorial regime in many other respects be construed as anything other than facist?

How better to describe a group that believes in using mob violence to prevent democratically elected politicians from speaking to the media?

Your description of the UAF may or may not be right, but that wasn't my question.

The BNP would seek to remove the democratic rights of many British citizens when they come to power, rights that are enshrined in the laws of this country.

How better to describe them, than as facists?

You may be quite happy to be described as such and champion their policies for racial segregation and enforced deportation of non white people who've worked, contributed socially, culturally and never troubled the criminal justice or benefits system.

You may believe their rights are secondary to people who are feckless and contributed nothing and never will, but by virtue of their skin colour are superior, I dont like appending labels to people, so I'll leave you to draw your own conclusion as to how you might be perceived, but then you believe you have the Peoples Voice ;)

So we kick all the non-British (and non-whites) out, then what happens? Countries around the world retaliate by booting our ex-pats out (which are greater in number than immigrants in the UK), including pensioners. Stupid idea.
Don't be silly; countries benefit from the ex-pat comminity who are mostly pensioners taking money into the country not spongeing on the country or taking their state handouts.

In October 1983, Brons was leading a group of NF supporters handing out leaflets in Leeds city centre, who were heard shouting slogans including "white power" and "death to Jews". When a police officer of Malaysian origin asked the group to disperse, Brons called him an "inferior being". Brons was brought before Leeds magistrates and convicted of abuse and breaching the peace.He was fined £50. Brons appealed to Leeds Crown Court, claiming that the charges were false, but lost his appeal.

He also used to dress up in Nazi uniforms with fellow Nazi, the late, unlamented John Tyndall.

If you voted for the BNP you voted a nazi into office. If you voted BNP you are a Grade "A" Pillock (unless you're a nazi, in which case you're still a pillock).

Don't be silly; countries benefit from the ex-pat comminity who are mostly pensioners taking money into the country not spongeing on the country or taking their state handouts.

But that is exactly what will happen if we start turfing people out. That's how politics works.

;5103079']Indeed. I'm not happy with UK immigration policies either but that doesn't mean I have to vote for a closet Nazi party.

Bet you voted for the closet tories (New Labour).

Quite frankly it is not the BNP who are acting like facists it's the undemocratic anti BNP bleaters.

What is your understanding of the word fascist?

But that is exactly what will happen if we start turfing people out. That's how politics works.
Where the expats tend to live benefit too much to lose them.

France, Spain, Greece and Cyprus which are the largest beneficeries will never ever kick out the expats.

Does anyone think the irony of becoming migrant workers in Brussels will hit the 2 BNP MEP's ?

He also used to dress up in Nazi uniforms with fellow Nazi, the late, unlamented John Tyndall.

If you voted for the BNP you voted a nazi into office. If you voted BNP you are a Grade "A" Pillock (unless you're a nazi, in which case you're still a pillock).

One region had 120.000+ grade A pillocks then.:loopy:

With all due respect this is rubbish....I can tell you from raw experience this is not the case, newly qualified nurses now fight for Jobs, the cohort of 2003 there were aprox 200+ newly qualified nurses, 80 obtained positions the remainder either looked for other employment or were actively encouraged to apply abroad.

Hi Eddie, you may not have seen but this issue has been explored many times on this forum and evidence has been proved to illustrate that nursing shortages do exist.

Anecdotal experiences are relevant but they are not part of the bigger picture, at least no more part of it than the personal experiences of my own relatives who are in the nursing profession and say the opposite of what you've indicated.

Here are some useful links:

Nurse shortage boosts death rates (BBC, Oct 06)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6077690.stm

Critical nursing shortage ahead unless action taken now (Royal College of Nursing Nov 2005)

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/34033.php

Professional predict nursing shortgage (Nursing Times Sept 2008 )

http://www.get.hobsons.co.uk/news/Working/779

I attended a graduation as guest in 2004 where one of the lecturers was consoling some of the students (first class nurses by the way), his answer come and see me I've got a contract with a recruitment agency to get you work in Australia. This is not confined to nurses doctors are in the same position, we now have far to many doctors, I've spoken to many who have been quite upset that they now have to look beyond our shores for employment. The problem we have in this country is that our government see the employment of foreign skilled nationals as being the cheapest option. Why spend tens of thousands training an individual when it cost nothing to employ a trained foreign national. May I also add think about the countries these individuals come from, we as country are stripping them of their skilled workforce. I'll give Australia as an example they will no longer take any foreign nationals unless they meet a very very strict criteria, one being that applicants must prove they have an English secondary school education, I've seen firsthand the reason why this was implemented and though sad it was necessary. I suggest a little reading of the journals ascociated with these occupations, nursing standard, nursing times as well as the ascociated forums for both nurses and doctors.

..what does Australia have to do with our domestic nursing shortage?

There is demand for our nurses all over the world, I have a cousin that emigrated to America to advance her nursing career, but that adds to the domestic shortage problem, it doesn't help it.

And how does importing foreign doctors and nurses into the UK equate to cheaper labour, the pay scales are the same for immigrant workers as they are for indigenous ones.

Edited by boyfriday