BNP Megathread (23-05-2009 to 29-06-2009)

In fairness there are not many posters here who are advocating the banning of the BNP, but people quite reasonably have robus views about an organisation that complain about their right to democracy, who would seek to deny it to others by virtue of not looking like them.

I think we're getting somewhere Duncan, I've not heard this particular MP spout anything specifically pro Muslim, although this is not to say he hasn't. I did hear of him calling for St Georges Day to be celibrated properly and be awarded a public holiday status, so I dont believe he's at all anti British.

But say he is, what will the BNP do about him? His views may be objectionable but presumably you want him banned from spouting them? Isn't that as bad as the people you criticise here for demanding abolition of the BNP??

I dont see anyone 'not batting an eyelid' towards people who are anti British Duncan, but dont confuse voting BNP and being patriotic as I firmly believe the BNP are actually British.

I think people get hammered for supporting a racist party, rather than being racists, but as I said earlier if that's your choice in that knowledge then fair enough, what I take exception to are the people who've supported the BNP without being in full possession of the facts relating to their agenda, who then complain about being challenged about it.

As I asked of a BNP supporter previously on this thread, if I objected to one of my children marrying someone white, what would be your natural conclusion about me?

As i dont have lots of time left to spend on the forum at the minute ill answer you last point now and the rest later.

I would say Your child, your right to express an opinion on who he/she marries.

Thats not what i said. Im saying that its only the BNP who are hung up to dry for making claims such as the holocaust didnt happen.

..that's because the BNP are seeking electoral credibility, if Abu Hamza and his ilk stand for parliament, Im sure their detractors (including myself) will be in full voice.

As i dont have lots of time left to spend on the forum at the minute ill answer you last point now and the rest later.

I would say Your child, your right to express an opinion on who he/she marries.

Thanks for your reply Duncan, actually I dont believe I have a right to express an opinion about who my child marries, it's none of my business, but if it were and I said I objected to them marrying a white person, the natural conclusion would be it was a racist view wouldn't it, whether I was entitled to say so or not?

It comes as no surprise that a number of people voted for the BNP.

The mainstream parties have chosen to ignore the concerns of the man on the street.

The country is full and we do not have the natural resources to continue allowing more people to move in.

The government bleats on that we need qualified people/what is wrong with training the stock of untapped talent that we already have.

How many companies take on apprentices.They prefer cheap labour from abroad.

They are also the only party who oppose the islamification of the UK and will put a stop to the stupid levels of immigration we currently have to endure. Thats good enough for me.

None of the main parties are 'pro-Islamification' as you call it. As for immigration, they all have policies on that (and it's not unrestricted anyway), but if you are staunchly anti-immigration, then UKIP might be a better option than the BNP.

Actually stewpot, the fascists got less votes than they did last time - it's just that the Tory/Labour supporters stayed at home and watched telly instead of getting out and voting.

This is not just the fault of immigration policy, though (after all the same rules that mean Poles etc can work here mean we can go work in the EU as well), although I'm not saying the policy is perfect. Businesses that care about 'British workers' should take some responsibility themselves rather than pay people less because they're from a different country. Or, they should take the best person for the job, regardless of nationality.

The government may have to think about the immigration issue in the light of the employment situation (although we were happy to have people coming over a few years ago to do all the crappy jobs Brits thought they were too good for), but business also has a lot to answer for.

It comes as no surprise that a number of people voted for the BNP.

The mainstream parties have chosen to ignore the concerns of the man on the street.

The country is full and we do not have the natural resources to continue allowing more people to move in.

...there were alternatives available if the electorate's primary concern was over immigration.

The government bleats on that we need qualified people/what is wrong with training the stock of untapped talent that we already have.

Assuming you have the basic skills to get through the application process, it takes a lot longer than a few days to train a doctor/nurse/dentist/plumber/electrician etc etc, we can't wait for the development of those skills before we get sick or need a rewire.

We're competing in a global market stewpot, if you're making something it needs to be sold, if there's no demand for it because it's too expensive it wont be sold, outcome-no business, no jobs for anyone, immigrant or otherwise.

Well it's about time we started investing in the future and trained the young ones now.

Then perhaps we would not have so many disenchanted youths getting invoved in violent racist attacks on both sides of the coin,

Well it's about time we started investing in the future and trained the young ones now.

Then perhaps we would not have so many disenchanted youths getting invoved in violent racist attacks on both sides of the coin,

..wouldn't dispute any of that stewpot.

The BNP is not racist.

Yet, their manifesto disagrees with that statement.

Why then categorise Britons and British by colour.

'White Britons', 'White British'. Can not a black person be British? Seems not.

(But that's being racist!)

The BNP is not racist

and i am a small sea-port town in wales :hihi: