Possible incident at Tesco store on Abbeydale Road

what time was this i was there about 4.30ish and saw nothing

Later. Was closed at 8pm when I went passed.

wonder if they had any cans for £10 at that time didnt have any when i went

I wonder if that was one of the cylinders just left in the old warehouse/ factory I have often noticed that two oxy/ace bottles were being moved around every now and then.

Was all still closed off at 1.30am yesterday evening.

3 fire engines were based behind on old station drive, looked like they were checking the buildings based behind.

Did look like they were expecting something more sinister at the time.

A few cars were left abandoned on there also.

does anyone know if it is open today?

Just got back from shopping. Tesco is closed for 24 hours, so I presume it'll be closed all day. Went to Sainsbury's instead - I'd avoid that too if at all possible - it was like Christmas Eve! I went in at 10am when it opened and it was quite full then. When I came out around 11ish they were queueing to get in the car park. :rolleyes:

The car park is still sealed off with a fire appliance in attendance, I understand from staff at tesco woodseats that they are allowing people in via the old station road but you can only use had baskets. I further understand that it will not be fully open today - this of course falls into line with other incdents with gas cylinders when they allow them to cool for 24 hours after the fire is out - there are various threads on this forum regarding these - stanfiforth road , shoreham st etc etc etc etc

looks like i'll be goin sainsbury's as well

Millhouses' Tesco is opened. They've got annoying staff on Station Road helping/preventing you from parking but you can shop and take a trolley back to Station Road as a manager's taking them back to the store.

The best shopping trip there ever, almost empty.

The firemen are watering the canister but the store is opened. They have to do this for 24 hours which will run out at 7 tonight.

I went up to have a nosey and thought I'd be nice and mention to both the fire chief and a Tesco manager that there is another cylinder in the old Jacobs warehouse site as that looks like where the first one had come from.

Needless to say they both thanked me especially the store guy as they've probably lost thousands as the shelves were crammed with unsold produce.

just chuck it in the riversheaf,job done! if they cant find anyone to do it,get intouch with me im only around the corner from there.

They are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont

DAMMED IF THEY DO

If they seal off like they have then we get people on here again (just like the other cylinder threads) moaning that its H&S gone mad

DAMMED IF THEY DON'T

I can just imagine the posts on this forum if they had said "just leave it to cool open store as normal" and then if had exploded and either damaged someones car or worst still hurt someone.

The main point appears to have been missed as from the above posts it would appear that this incident as been caused by someone possibly children setting fire to things , if that hadnt been done then this all episode wouldnt have occured - end of story