Do council staff take lessons in ignorance or does it come natural

i got nothing against council workers ....its the general public i can't stick...especially those in barnsley

Wow!! well thats good customer relations aint it..not.:o

Its already been pointed out by Rosyrat (and others) that some humour is being deployed by RobbyBrown. He's having a laugh, and its very unlikely he works for t'council. So, plese stop taking his orders to heart.

Apologies to those who've been enjoying the fun and games. I have to say, Robby, you made me laugh too. :P And I used to be a council employee once upon a time. :roll:

Being a miserable ignorant git puts them in the minority, so, as such, the council has to employ some of them. Equal opportunities.:thumbsup:

They go to the same charm school as a bus drivers

Council Officers and Councillors DO get lessons in exerting influence and gaining success in negotiations.

Shouldn't grass roots representatives get similar training in order to get a fair deal when have to deal with the Council??

So you pay £46,644 grand per annum in council tax?

I don't think so

Dose talking rubbish come natural to you:loopy:

Are you upset because they didn't give you Clubcard points?

With the flack they get all day you should be grateful they did the job you asked them to do.

No, not upset because i don't collect Clubcard points::hihi:). But if i can be polite and wish them Good Morning, i would expect a reasonable response from them also..

Good manners cost nothing, but to be totally blanked by them is not very good customer relations and need to be addressed. As for the flack they get all day long i would like to add, i work with the public on a personal one to one basis and get plenty of FLACK as you call it, i am the first in the firing line for any mistakes that are made, not by me but by the organisation i do voluntry work for. This does not stop me still being polite to them no matter how they treat and speke to me, it's part of the job so i just take it as it comes and i can assure you it comes every day without fail. But when i did my training for dealing with the public i was told that my actions represented the organisation i work for, and if i was not proffesional in the way i did the job, it reflected on them. As i said Good Manners cost nothing.

To be fair, you get out of this life what you put in.

If you want to greeted with a smile and manners, try it yourself when you approach the counter.

Frown and have attitude, and the other person will mirror that.

Simples.

But then again if you did approach with attitude, and the counter staff were nice to you, you'd complain that they were being patronising and being cheery to wind you up.

Please read my original thread, i did say that i said Good Morning and thankyou to them.

brus - here's a link so you can give the council your feedback. http://www.forms.sheffield.gov.uk/AF3/an/default.aspx/RenderForm/?F.Name=h3CCxyaKF58

I quite agree that whatever is going on in someone's life, when they are at work they are representing their organisation, and should be professional and polite. So tell them.

I thought the collection of Council Tax has been outsourced to Capita!

Yes Sheffield coucil tax might have been outsourced, but where in the orignal thread does it specify that Sheffield council is the one being targeted by Brus,

could be any one of four councils in South Yorks. But must add Rotherhams just as bad.

Call that customer service? :o:o:o

Exactly, would the other poster demand prior notice of drinks to be ordered in advance if they worked in a busy pub, to save them hassle for example, or is it just when they're called on to actually do something they get angry.

I hope they're in the minority, I know the SCC have lots to deal with but when you're up against a brick wall.... Should you treat everyone like the customer who's lost their tax rebate forms for the millionth time?

So you pay £46,644 grand per annum in council tax?

I don't think so.

Nearly £47m a year is a fair old wage. :D

Yes Sheffield coucil tax might have been outsourced, but where in the orignal thread does it specify that Sheffield council is the one being targeted by Brus,

could be any one of four councils in South Yorks. But must add Rotherhams just as bad.

I think we can safely assume we are discussing SCC here as Brus hasn't corrected anyone for mentioning SCC yet and generally if it is about another authority its usually mentioned in the OP.

Please read my original thread, i did say that i said Good Morning and thankyou to them.

Then my sincerest apologies, i'm with you.... bunch of miserable feckers, lol

They should never have gotten rid of L!berata......