Do council staff take lessons in ignorance or does it come natural

Shove off fishface.

And that goes for all others who complain about customer service, you know nothing

Classic, now I can see why people might complain :hihi:

I hope RobbyBrown realises that under EU legislation he's going to have to chuck some back as I'm sure he's gone over his quota.

:rant:Am i asking too much for a please and thank-you when paying my over the top council tax. Just been and payed my monthy council tax payment and the teller never even looked at me or spoke from start to finnish. Do they take lessons in ignorance or does it come natural to them. And before any one asks, yes i did say good morning and thankyou to them, might not do in future though.:rant:

I think they go to the same training school as First bus drivers and post office staff.

First of all, you work for us, get paid by us so you'll do what we tell you to do.

1) I get paid from the wages dept, not from you

2) Get stuffed

Your wages come from my council Tax. I hope your username is not linked to your actual name you'll get in trouble, such behaviour is unacceptable, no one gets away with telling the taxpayer to get stuff.

And that goes for all others who complain about customer service, you know nothing
We know you're rude and don't deserve your job.
First, they are not employed by you.

Second, you cannot tell them what to do.

Third "we pay your wages" (which has to be the rationale behind your first points) is true of 90% of people in this country, whose wages are earned by purchases made by the public.

Fourth, I am in contact with the council pretty much daily, and can confirm that they are perfectly happy people. Could it be that I am in contact with a specific dept who doesn't deal with the public and that it is the dealing with the public that causes them to be in the mood they may seem to be in? Maybe if they stopped getting abused by the public they would find itr easier to be nice to you.

they are employed by me, my neighbours and anyone paying council tax in Sheffield. I can ask to get the service I deserve as a taxpayer, going beyond the "bugger off". The difference between a company and a government body is that we chose our government and demand what we ask for, we can't ask anything of a private company; use them or not. To an extent, I have to use RobbyBrown for some services I pay for through taxes (which honnestly, I'd rather not pay, I don;t want to pay someone like that turd, parking services, unnecessary meetings at town hall, council housing, any excesses or indeed anything I don't get back.). RobbyBrown owes me and anyone who pays Council tax for his welfare. Last but not least, I never said I abused or condone abuse of people over the phone. I commented on RobbyBrown's revolting attitude. Now if that's how you and RobbyBrown are going to behave like that, maybe you both deserve to be treated like crap over the phone. Jobsworths deserve everything they get.
You realise that these council workers are often abused and sometimes even attacked?
Probably but that is another subject. It's not ok to abuse Council staff (except RobbyBrown off course) but it certainly is not acceptable for Council staff to react and behave in ways witnessed here.

That's right auto98uk, I pay your wages, treat me like a king. If you don't I won't use your services and you'll be out of a job. Sadly with the Council we're stuck with, we have no choice over who works there for us.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quotes

B]Your wages come from my council Tax[/b]. I.

So you pay £46,644 grand per annum in council tax?

I don't think so.

Your wages come from my council Tax. I hope your username is not linked to your actual name you'll get in trouble, such behaviour is unacceptable, no one gets away with telling the taxpayer to get stuff.

We know you're rude and don't deserve your job.they are employed by me, my neighbours and anyone paying council tax in Sheffield. I can ask to get the service I deserve as a taxpayer, going beyond the "bugger off". The difference between a company and a government body is that we chose our government and demand what we ask for, we can't ask anything of a private company; use them or not. To an extent, I have to use RobbyBrown for some services I pay for through taxes (which honnestly, I'd rather not pay, I don;t want to pay someone like that turd, parking services, unnecessary meetings at town hall, council housing, any excesses or indeed anything I don't get back.). RobbyBrown owes me and anyone who pays Council tax for his welfare. Last but not least, I never said I abused or condone abuse of people over the phone. I commented on RobbyBrown's revolting attitude. Now if that's how you and RobbyBrown are going to behave like that, maybe you both deserve to be treated like crap over the phone. Jobsworths deserve everything they get.Probably but that is another subject. It's not ok to abuse Council staff (except RobbyBrown off course) but it certainly is not acceptable for Council staff to react and behave in ways witnessed here.

That's right auto98uk, I pay your wages, treat me like a king. If you don't I won't use your services and you'll be out of a job. Sadly with the Council we're stuck with, we have no choice over who works there for us.

I do like this..... someone in IT informing others on using an approachable manner.

Have you kisssed a girl, son? :hihi:

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Now if that's how you and RobbyBrown are going to behave like that, maybe you both deserve to be treated like crap over the phone. Jobsworths deserve everything they get.Probably but that is another subject. It's not ok to abuse Council staff (except RobbyBrown off course) but it certainly is not acceptable for Council staff to react and behave in ways witnessed here.

Gosh, no wonder staff are grumpy when they deal with you. You can't seem to recognise humour when you read it. Haven't you really twigged yet that Robby Brown is having a laugh (And very nicely too - thank you Robby for making me smile) and is no more a Council employee than I am?

Oh, and do please read people's posts. The Council does not administer the customer service side of Council Tax collection - a private company called Capita does that. But why let the facts stand in the way of a good rant at Council employees.

Edited by RosyRat

:rant:Am i asking too much for a please and thank-you when paying my over the top council tax. Just been and payed my monthy council tax payment and the teller never even looked at me or spoke from start to finnish. Do they take lessons in ignorance or does it come natural to them. And before any one asks, yes i did say good morning and thankyou to them, might not do in future though.:rant:

Are you upset because they didn't give you Clubcard points?

With the flack they get all day you should be grateful they did the job you asked them to do.

Oxymoron ?

isnt that a pervert with a passion for ox'es ?

I work for the council and I take offence to your comments, after all we recently had lots of training in customer service.

My advice to you is :-

1) shove off

2) stop moaning

Wow!! well thats good customer relations aint it..not.:o

Come on RobbyBrown mate, time to chuck some back now. The Spaniards'll only complain you've hauled in more than your quota.:hihi: