Dummies guide to xbox360 (or PS3)

My wireless connection has never droppped out on me.

and it has been fine, it downloads at 6 MB/sec sometimes...for 5 secs then goes to my 600 KB/sec package :(

£27 quid for 13 months if you shop around a bit.

Yea a friend picked one up for 28 quid last month, im not really playing on my xbox much atm so i can't justify a gold subs till i find myself a job again ... not to mention if i pop online i get dragged into a COD5 game *shakes head* but if any xbox gamers wish to add me my tag is Scarlet Kisses ^^

elite has bigger hard drive 120 gig,hdmi lead and comes in black,pro version of 360 has 60 gig hardrive and arcade pack has no hardrive but memory card.thats the diffrenence between all 3 packages

thanks for the repsonses - all good

i'm surprised at just how cheap the year subscription is - i paid £10 a month for 4 years just for one game (world of warcraft) £480 then!

I'm gonna go with the elite xbox and no-one has really made a case for the PS3.

I'm assuming the gaming experience is pretty similar but the backlog of games for Xbox must be far superior to PS3 - i'm just wondering if the architecture for the PS3 differs that much from the Xbox, as it came out a year later it must be more advanced technically, but software hasn't caught up to exploit its potential yet?

Console gaming is a new experience for me, i've been a PC gamer since the days of the ZX81! hopefully they'll be a few strategy and RPG gaming options...

I must say i'm looking forward to the big screen plug in and play HD gaming

Nothing in the league of WoW im afraid (ex wow gamer myself) however there are a lot of final fantasy ish games and theres assasins creed which i am still being very ocd with the flag collecting lol

Last remnant is pretty good, Lost Odyssey is another good one not to mention Fable2 which is a must have :)

How is the 360 for backwards compatability?

I'm gonna go with the elite xbox and no-one has really made a case for the PS3.

Probably for the same reason I didn't bother to chip in - a lot of us are tired of the "which is better" threads, so just left you to get the console that you seemed to prefer the option of to start with (360). It looked like you had more or less decided from the start which one you would prefer.

Enjoy your new world of console gaming - it's a different expereince than PC gaming.

Nothing in the league of WoW im afraid (ex wow gamer myself) however there are a lot of final fantasy ish games and theres assasins creed which i am still being very ocd with the flag collecting lol

Last remnant is pretty good, Lost Odyssey is another good one not to mention Fable2 which is a must have :)

Cheers for that - i'll look out for them :thumbsup:

Probably for the same reason I didn't bother to chip in - a lot of us are tired of the "which is better" threads, so just left you to get the console that you seemed to prefer the option of to start with (360). It looked like you had more or less decided from the start which one you would prefer.

Enjoy your new world of console gaming - it's a different expereince than PC gaming.

Yes, i see there's quite a few threads on preference - i'll probably end up getting both at some point, particularly if PS3 is techncially more advanced

i'm looking forward to see if console gaming is for me

Hola senior, do you have any friends who have either?

Because my advice would be to get which ever one your buddies have got, then you can play with them.

As long as you get a real console ass opposed to the one named after a bodily function you'll be fine (sorry we'll all fanboys a little bit!).