Memories Of Walkley

My friend Ian Bailey lived at 147 Industry St, just above Walkley ST.

my wife lived in Industry Street 45 to 66 then we lived in Parsonage Street 68 to 86. Bassman was your dad a big friend of our next door neighbour Ron Campbell in Parsonage Street

I don't know how it takes you to Loxley Road :huh::hihi:

Walkley Cemetery *is* the burial ground for St Mary's Parish, but it is some distance from the parish church. It is above the Catholic Cemetery in the Rivelin Valley with its main (and only official) entrance on Nichols Road (an unadopted road) off Waller Road. It doesn't go up quite as far as Bole Hill Road.

Hugh

Is there a plan of the cemetary please?

my wife lived in Industry Street 45 to 66 then we lived in Parsonage Street 68 to 86. Bassman was your dad a big friend of our next door neighbour Ron Campbell in Parsonage Street
Yes he was they were very good friends, My Mum and Dad used to go to the Walkley WMC with him.

Thanks for the memory.

hi sorry to hear that.your dad took me and my brothers to hospital on more than one occasion things like my tongue hanging off,my brother breaking his arm and my youngest brother scoulding him self like i said a really lovely couple
Thanks for that my Dad was a great guy, my mum developed demnetia as she got older over in Dronfield and had to go into care.

Thanks for that my Dad was a great guy, my mum developed demnetia as she got older over in Dronfield and had to go into care.

Hi Bassman I got to know your dad as we lived next door to Ron for 18 years and as you say he was a very nice person as we used the club when I was home and would always have word with your dad and Ron.

Is there a plan of the cemetary please?

If you pm me an email address I can send you some plans (I assume for the SETTLE grave A288). I have also found that Albert George is buried in grave F205 with 3 people called HULME. I don't think that grave has a gravestone.

Hugh

Anyone else have pictures of Walkley-any areas/roads etc-just find it all interesting.

Does anyone know if there are any books specifically about Walkley-its history etc.

Any information appreciated

Mumsy

Hi I was born at 101 Industry Street, Walkley (1942) then later my parents moved us all to 282 Heavygate Road behind THE LOLLYPOP SHOP , Moved from there at the age of 13 to live in Pitsmoor !

Then got married (1965) and moved to Woodhouse, Now living in Thrybergh ,Rotherham since 2006.

Colin still lives in Walkley and can be seen walking around as smart as ever.

i have lived in walkley all my life 58 years anybody out there who was born in walkley moved away or still here

i have lived in walkley all my life 58 years anybody out there who was born in walkley moved away or still here

hi yes i am from walkley lived here all my life 58yrs who are you n why you ask ??any conections ??maybe we know each other ?walkley school ??myers ?..