Memories Of Walkley

i went to bole hill and im 68 but i dont re call your name remember percy flockton teacher eric fenton miss bryant miss wright all the best kippers

Hi loyalmediato, I had a nickname in those days I think it was a guy called Terry Leaper who christened me with it (SPIDER).

Yes I remember all those teachers names now you mention them, I also had a younger sister who went to Bole Hill Road School called Pamela Ward but she would have been 66 now had she not died last year !

all the best Mick

I originally lived on Walkley Bank Road before moving up Stannington in 1997.

Went to Morley St School.

Tiger 110 I think

he rode a bsa road rocket and from the back it looked as though it was fitted with saddlebags but it was his backside hanging over he was a plasterer they say when he got on the batten they got off

I write for a local news website and cover the Walkley area - I'd love to hear your stories about what it's been like living in Walkley over the years, how has it changed? etc etc

Please email me at fiona.campbell@postcodegazette.com and I'll publish your stories!

ashley's right but its joanne not Julie and Deborah not David

I heard this week that Ashley's Dad has just died too, sad times :(

Don,t remember the teachers much , but some of the kids i do remember , j reaney , d crookes ,p beatson ,m owen , g binney ,p rutter ,c mather , t & c lamb , a holmes , d whitehead , a garner to name but a few

That mob were at school with our Deborah.

There must be someone out there that has photgraphs of Creswick street and the surounding area before it was demolished in the 70s...search your old albums and shoe boxes....

I have always lived in walkley originally on duncombe st. I went to st mary's from 1957-1963 and then went to city grammar.

Edited by Alma71
WRONG DATE

There must be someone out there that has photgraphs of Creswick street and the surounding area before it was demolished in the 70s...search your old albums and shoe boxes....

Have found this link on the Library services page, dont know if it helps,

mumsy xx

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php

Thanks for that...I already have those but it is the top half of the street I am interested in...have written to SCC to see if they have kept photos of the area before it was flattened.

Thanks for the info on the church, ive looked at the picture it's how i remember it but maybe a little more derilict, was it used later as some kind of printers , i say this as we used to play in it and down in one of the cellars there were loads of old printing tablets, really appreciate the info , thanks

I remember the old church when it was derelict. I lived on Storrs Hall Road and once went on the roof of an old outbuilding at the church which had (so I was told) an old barrage balloon collapsed on top. There was definately something there and whether it was one or not, I don't know as I was only about 10. Me and a pal tried cutting bits off, but it was tough as old boots.

I used to go up the steep gennel from the offie at the bottom, quite a lot, on the way up to the bus at South Road. I also think it was a printing place, later.