Thousands were raped & beaten in Ireland's Catholic run reform schools

It is you atheists who look for someone to blame, you make a career of it. Take the plank of wood out of your eyes.

Having nothing else to believe in. An atheist would surely blame themselves, don't you think?

Having nothing else to believe in. An atheist would surely blame themselves, don't you think?

No, they do what you do and try to shift the spotlight away from themselves.

No, they do what you do and try to shift the spotlight away from themselves.

When was the spotlight on atheists or me for that matter? I'm not the one that has spent 9 pages on here making crap up to justify my beliefs. You believe in a fraud Grahame and you excuse it everything even when you're up against the wall. But it's fine you can blame the atheists all you want, it just makes you and what you claim to speak for seem all the more ridiculous.

When was the spotlight on atheists or me for that matter? I'm not the one that has spent 9 pages on here making crap up to justify my beliefs. You believe in a fraud Grahame and you excuse it everything even when you're up against the wall. But it's fine you can blame the atheists all you want, it just makes you and what you claim to speak for seem all the more ridiculous.

The only frauds round here are those who blame God for everything and then deny his existence. Strange or even more strange.

I have read parts of the commission's report, but had to stop because I couldn't see the screen through my tears. I would recommend anyone who doubts the full extent of the horror thousands of defenceless children had to endure should have a look.

You know what, if I had been one of those children I would try and get together as many of the others as possible and I would name the guilty and the places where they suffered, and stuff the consequences. They have been incredibly brave in coming forward and giving their evidence, now they should go one step further and force those responsible to face justice.

The only frauds round here are those who blame God for everything and then deny his existence. Strange or even more strange.

Again, you're wrong. People blame the belief in a God or Gods, i.e. religion, for some problems, not a pixie in the sky in which many don't believe. All of which is way, way, way, way off topic from the OP.

If you want a Challenge try sorting the world out. It is full of people like you and if you look in the mirror you will see one. They are called atheists. Now take that plank out of your eye and look to how people SHOULD be instead of finding fault with those who stumble along the way. Don't forget that every organisation like schools and scouts attracts undesirables who give excellent organisations a bad name. Like I say, look in the papers and you will find atheists galore and you ought to be ashamed of them instead of ignoring the beatings and the murders that happen daily that you can see in Sheffield any night of the week.

Grahame, you are once again missing the point. The issue here is not the people doing the abusing, that is terrible enough on it's own. The disgraceful issue is that the Church knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it. Schools and scouts would report their offenders to the police, the church did not.

What type of world do we live in when Schools and scout can claim the moral high ground over the church?

If you want a Challenge try sorting the world out. It is full of people like you and if you look in the mirror you will see one. They are called atheists. Now take that plank out of your eye and look to how people SHOULD be instead of finding fault with those who stumble along the way. Don't forget that every organisation like schools and scouts attracts undesirables who give excellent organisations a bad name. Like I say, look in the papers and you will find atheists galore and you ought to be ashamed of them instead of ignoring the beatings and the murders that happen daily that you can see in Sheffield any night of the week.

What, Grahame, all the evils of the world heaped on the heads of the poor atheists? How about the muslims? And anyone else who a) acts in the name of their religion or b) commits atrocities and just happens to believe in a God?

You really should start removing your own plank, y'know. It's not just atheists who aren't Christian. Or hadn't you realised that?

What, Grahame, all the evils of the world heaped on the heads of the poor atheists? How about the muslims? And anyone else who a) acts in the name of their religion or b) commits atrocities and just happens to believe in a God?

You really should start removing your own plank, y'know. It's not just atheists who aren't Christian. Or hadn't you realised that?

All the evidence suggests that Grahame has two planks, both fairly short.

And thick. ;)

How should I be Grahame? A decent law-abiding citizen? I am. A caring, loving person? I am.

But because I don't worship the great invisible geezer in the sky, I am worse than the 21 paedophilic priests?

Perhaps some of you may be interested in a catholic person's point of view of the discussed issue. Well, i don't speak for all, but just for myself: sad; horrified; disappointed; let down; put in a situation of questioning personal faith; wondering if this is the fault of the catholic church or if it is the fault of individuals who have used the catholic church as a vehicle to disguise and facilitate their behaviour. Either way, the way I think the catholic church has to answer for this with responsbility.

Why? Because someone who believes in the teachings of Jesus knows to stand for what is wrong, and protect the vulnerable.

Personally I think it's sham of what happened in the past, and apologies are due.

And as a chosen, not born catholic, I apologise.

They bring the whole of the church into disrepute and I am disgusted the same as everyone, as I am with all sex outside of marriage.

Grahame, you haven't answered my questions in my original posts?

I am genuinely wanting a serious, well thought out reply to some of the questions i posed.

Would you not agree that in this particular instance, religion has been hijacked and used to abuse children? What sort of god would allow his creations to abuse thousands of children, who had already been orphaned, over a period of 30 years? He can't be so powerful as you believe if he saw this and made no intervention. Instead he provided a platform for this to happen.