Sheffield Pride - June 2009

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this? Looked and couldnt find any topics.

Sheffield Pride 2009

20th June 2009

Endcliffe Park

Start Time: 1:00pm

End Time: 7:00pm

Sheffield Pride 2009 is a free event for all members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and their supporters.

Scooch have been confirmed to perform on the main stage at this years Sheffield Pride 2009 along with a range of other bands and artists.

The main stage music policy is as varied as ever; from the camp cheese of Eurovision’s Scooch to the electropop of duo Electrovamp; the local delights of Smoker’s Die Younger, Darlings of the Splitscreen and the amazing talents of Sheffield’s very own LGBT choir, Out Aloud.

"We know that the eclectic artists on the main stage last year were a great hit with the crowd; we decided to provide a similar array of music artists and bands this year." says Darren Hopkinson of the Sheffield Pride Committee.

This years Pride event is set to be bigger and better than ever. For over 18s there will be a beer tent with a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on sale. For the party folks there will be a dance arena with some of the region's top scene DJs while the Irwin Mitchell Civil Partnership Fair is in the pipeline for all you budding romantics. Due to its success last year the Community Tent returns while Help the Aged will be providing a tea dance tent.

It is important for Sheffield Pride to be accessible to the whole LGBT community and with this in mind the Pride Committee have organised a range of activities for the whole family.

It's probably just been devoured into the massive thread that is ''Sheffield Gay Scene'' ....try searching for that !!

:thumbsup:

It's probably just been devoured into the massive thread that is ''Sheffield Gay Scene'' ....try searching for that !!

:thumbsup:

Actually

There you go .....!

The Sheffield Gay Scene

:)

Is there going to be a similiar day just for straight people?

Or are straight people allowed to this event but have to pay to get in?

No straight people are allowed its aimed at the gay community - i thought i would post it as my friend is going im straight but will be attending. should be great!!!

Is there going to be a similiar day just for straight people?

Or are straight people allowed to this event but have to pay to get in?

Everybody's welcome to this event - whether gay, straight or don't know/not interested.

Surprisingly enough, lots of LGBT people actually have families/friends who are straight and go along to events like this to have a good time and enjoy themselves.

Why do you need a day to shout about your sexuality?

Your gay, we get it :roll:

Everybody's welcome to this event - whether gay, straight or don't know/not interested.

Surprisingly enough, lots of LGBT people actually have families/friends who are straight and go along to events like this to have a good time and enjoy themselves.

And of course to show their support and solidarity with their family members and friends! :D

Why do you need a day to shout about your sexuality?

Your gay, we get it :roll:

And why do you need to post on a thread that clearly doesn't involve you? Unless of course it's to stir up tension...

If you're not interested in the subject matter, go post elsewhere.

And why do you need to post on a thread that clearly doesn't involve you? Unless of course it's to stir up tension...

If you're not interested in the subject matter, go post elsewhere.

I take it only gays can contribute to this topic then?

I take it only gays can contribute to this topic then?

Not at all. That would be ridiculous. But I imagine that people intent on sabotaging the thread aren't (rightly so) welcomed by the O.P.

Im not trying to sabotage anything. I think your a little sensative. Im asking a question. Thats all.