Dove & Rainbow -Whats your views

wasn't the general point that everyone ends up stereotyping? even those who claim to hate being stereotyped...

exactly...

Now this WILL be interesting!!!! Unfortunately, the majority of my regular customers are not members of this forum (I think only 2 are in fact) so it will probably be very one sided.....

hey, i'm a forum user :P and I come in your place, some times (ok, not as regular as i'd like, but mostly due to funds)

I love the place :) Very gud place to go if u feel like meeting new ppl and your open to a gud laugh. I'm neither alternative nor 'chav' so I think if your a versatile enough person and you can listen to rock music (which I gotta say is not bad at all thanks to the juke box) then you'd have a great night...I always do :)

I've been in sheffield a while now but recently moved to city centre area so thought id pop in and see what it was like. I thought it was a nice pub..laid back, some good music, good choice of drinks & good prices but I didnt feel comfortable or welcome in there to be honest. I wasnt sure if its because I wasnt a 'local' or because i wasnt 'alternatively' dressed. It's all well and good for 'alternative' people to moan about being stereotyped but the amount of inverted snobbery that exists amongst a lot (not all!) alternatively dressed people is unreal! I have an extremely varied taste in music, friends, interests etc so its irritating how narrow minded some people can be. Anyway it felt like one of those pubs you walk into and everyone turns round...the girl at the bar was extremely rude..my friend has a sweet-tooth for drinks so because she was ordering malibu & coke or something similar and not 'beer' the girl actually rolled her eyes and looked like we'd spat in her face! Anyway I won't say that I wouldnt go back again because I liked it in every other respect..maybe if I take one of my 'alternative' friends that will be acceptable!! ...maybe something to think about though as I see I'm not the only person thats said something similar. There's no need for it really.. and as long as people arent causing trouble and still buying drinks its a business in the end so i dont see the problem.

I've been in sheffield a while now but recently moved to city centre area so thought id pop in and see what it was like. I thought it was a nice pub..laid back, some good music, good choice of drinks & good prices but I didnt feel comfortable or welcome in there to be honest. I wasnt sure if its because I wasnt a 'local' or because i wasnt 'alternatively' dressed. It's all well and good for 'alternative' people to moan about being stereotyped but the amount of inverted snobbery that exists amongst a lot (not all!) alternatively dressed people is unreal! I have an extremely varied taste in music, friends, interests etc so its irritating how narrow minded some people can be. Anyway it felt like one of those pubs you walk into and everyone turns round...the girl at the bar was extremely rude..my friend has a sweet-tooth for drinks so because she was ordering malibu & coke or something similar and not 'beer' the girl actually rolled her eyes and looked like we'd spat in her face! Anyway I won't say that I wouldnt go back again because I liked it in every other respect..maybe if I take one of my 'alternative' friends that will be acceptable!! ...maybe something to think about though as I see I'm not the only person thats said something similar. There's no need for it really.. and as long as people arent causing trouble and still buying drinks its a business in the end so i dont see the problem.

paragraphs.

After reading all these comments, I think it is down to the individual to visit a venue, and form His or Her own view of the premises, service, prices, Customers, etc, etc,

What is one mans meat, is another mans poison.

I still think The Nelson Rock-Bar is the best venue in town.

But Hey that's just my taste.

After reading all these comments, I think it is down to the individual to visit a venue, and form His or Her own view of the premises, service, prices, Customers, etc, etc,

What is one mans meat, is another mans poison.

I still think The Nelson Rock-Bar is the best venue in town.

But Hey that's just my taste.

I like the Nelson, but the Dove has a much cosier feel to it.

I went in a couple of months ago for the first time and thought it was okay.

I couldn't get my boyfriend out of the damn place thanks to the pinball machines giving him extra goes (sp?)

And we're not really into the *alternative, punky* scene, if that is the right term to use.

He's from Lancashire so it was new to him, and rest be assured we will most probably be in on Saturday at some stage so he can make me watch him play pinball. FUN?!

I like the Nelson, but the Dove has a much cosier feel to it.

do you think? the nelson seems cosier to me, better decor/lighting etc also seems more "rock" bar. the music always seems to loud for me in the nelson thou, and the dove is better for requests.