Dove & Rainbow -Whats your views

Now this WILL be interesting!!!! Unfortunately, the majority of my regular customers are not members of this forum (I think only 2 are in fact) so it will probably be very one sided.....

Not my thing at all - but has a good reputation generally. Know a few people who go there on and off.

Somewhere slightly unique and full of character, nice selection of beers.

Looks a little pikey, but on the plus side you can write obscenities on the garden furniture

I like it, definitely not a regular but I like the prices, the drink selection, the friendl;yness, at attitude to music requests (and the eclecticness of the music available).

Things I don't like so much are the apparent increase of 'towny' types who come in and seem to like to stare and comment about the 'alternative' types (only experienced thsi a couple of times), often seems a bit chilly, music can be a little too loud so that it is really difficult to talk (don't mind it being pretty loud tho!) and can be hard to sit down - in part this is simply due to the shape of the place and can't really be changed. None of these would stop me going, I have yet to find my perfect pub!

My partner and all his friends like it in their. They have some good bands on The door staff are pretty on the ball too. The last time we went in there was a young lad looking like he was about to flip out and make some serious trouble. The bouncer on the door noticed straight away and discreetly> makes a change from the sometimes extreme bouncers bombarding their way through

Been a few years since I've been in. I quite liked it though, tis a bit different.

*nice ale, thou over priced. personally i think its the fact that its a rock pub that brings most people in, not the great ale.

*glad the pool table is back i missed it when it went all those years ago, shame it took so long, i might be temped to pop back in for a game.

*outdoor garden furniture indoors ive never liked in any pub, feels/looks cheap

*staff are friendly and helpful.

*too cold in winter, the wind blows in and gives such a chill.

great pub. good beer. been great for years but the new(ish) stuff like the beer garden are ace.

wish the recession wasn't biting so hard then I could afford to go to pub more often!

Love the place, wish I didnt live on the other side of town