Double yellow lines

and the parking is only allowed if the vehicle isn't going to be an obstruction.

But surely double yellow lines are placed where it is unsafe to park because a vehicle would be an obstruction?

But surely double yellow lines are placed where it is unsafe to park because a vehicle would be an obstruction?

No, not always

I have a problem with double yellow lines because the council don't just paint them on the corner for safety, but half the length of the road! This is just to make life difficult for motorists.

I think you may have established some sort of Forum record for reviving a long forgotten thread.

7 years and 9 months!

Even though it's an old thread, I hope the Blue badge detractors never have course to have a Blue Badge, only then they would realise why we can park on double yellows.

Regards

Angel.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Even though it's an old thread, I hope the Blue badge detractors never have course to have a Blue Badge, only then they would realise while we can park on double yellows.

Regards

Angel.

I'm sure most people who have a blue badge are genuine, but there are some who take advantage.

I tend to lose my sympathy when blue badge holders park on double yellows outside a hospital and block the ambluance access though...

I'm sure most people who have a blue badge are genuine, but there are some who take advantage.

I tend to lose my sympathy when blue badge holders park on double yellows outside a hospital and block the ambluance access though...

In all fairness, I doubt they want your sympathy anyway.

In all fairness, I doubt they want your sympathy anyway.

I'm sure they don't, it was just an expression!

Just because folk lose the use of their legs doesn't mean they gain consideration for their fellow man by not parking on double yellows - Disabled people can be dicks as well.

Just because folk lose the use of their legs doesn't mean they gain consideration for their fellow man by not parking on double yellows - Disabled people can be dicks as well.

I assume by your post you are fit and well and do not know any disabled folk.

That said, there may be the odd one who annoys you, that does not give you the excuse to post as you do. I assure you the disabled would love to park where you do and walk into the store, unless you are disabled yourself of course.

Regards

Angel.

I assume by your post you are fit and well and do not know any disabled folk.

That said, there may be the odd one who annoys you, that does not give you the excuse to post as you do. I assure you the disabled would love to park where you do and walk into the store, unless you are disabled yourself of course.

Regards

Angel.

Why not? Why can't I say what I want? When I break a forum rule, throw me to the Mods. Until then, I can say exactly what I like, you're not obliged to agree.

I recognise that folk need special parking, however, I'm pointing out that disabled people can be exactly as inconsiderate as those who are running at optimum performance. Do you think that just because someone's got a disability they can't be a dick and block a pavement or restrict traffic flow by parking on yellow lines?

Can anybody tell me why it is ok for people with disabled badges to park on double yellow lines?

Can anybody tell me why taxi drivers in Rotherham can park on double yellow lines? mind you the fact that most are Asians may well give a clue to the answer.

Can anybody tell me why taxi drivers in Rotherham can park on double yellow lines? mind you the fact that most are Asians may well give a clue to the answer.

..it must be because the non Asian folks they're picking up are disabled through over indulging in drink ;)