L'escargot in Sheffield

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy L'escargot (Snails) in Sheffield. I believe you can get them in jars, but have had no luck in Sainsburys or Tesco. Thanks

I have never seen them for sale here, although there used to be a deli in Retford, Notts that sold them pickled in jars...

Try the internet - might be able to get them from a farm or something?

This is Sheffield you know....folk here will be eating ones they find in their back yards :hihi:

I have never seen them for sale here, although there used to be a deli in Retford, Notts that sold them pickled in jars...

Try the internet - might be able to get them from a farm or something?

Thanks for your suggestion Lady Star, but unfortunately I need them for tomorrow

Thanks for your suggestion Lady Star, but unfortunately I need them for tomorrow

I think you may be scuppered then - unless there is a local snail farm? The best place for stange and unusual foods is Doncaster market - you can get all kids of game and fowl etc there better quality (larger/fresher) than waitrose at a fraction of the cost - try something else there maybe?

It crossed my mind.

You could also try asking for advice at Chez Lahlou on Commonside (if it's still going?).

It crossed my mind.

You could also try asking for advice at Chez Lahlou on Commonside (if it's still going?).

Good Idea, ask them to do you a couple of portions to take away,

Lovely snails there , every one looked like Brian off the magic roundabout.

It crossed my mind.

Thanks for that. I will give them a bell in the morning

You can buy them from Chatsworth farm shop. They're not in jars, they're already smeared in garic/ parsley butter.

I've also bought them from Sainsbury's 'posh nosh' section. Though they may have stopped stocking them.

Have you tried Waitrose, might have more luck there than Tescos.