Learning to knit

Thursday 9th sounds good to me... I'm assuming any sized needles and any type of wool will do for us complete beginners? I shall see whats on offer in my mum's cupboard! :)

Argh! Can't come! Only evening I can make next week is Weds.

I'm back! The holiday was great apart from the lack of knitting - I packed up a bagfull to keep me going and left it behind :rant::(

Shall we say Thursday 9th July, 7.00 p.m.? The Hillsborough Hotel has a pub quiz on a Tuesday so it gets really busy...

I'm just wondering if this is the best date after all.... At least a couple of people have said they can't make that particular Thursday, and I've just found out I can't get there til at least 7.45. Are we sticking with this, or should we try the following week?

I'd be OK for the following week... I don't want to turn up on my own!

I'm just wondering if this is the best date after all.... At least a couple of people have said they can't make that particular Thursday, and I've just found out I can't get there til at least 7.45. Are we sticking with this, or should we try the following week?

Perhaps you're right. I can do the Wednesday or Thursday the week after, what suits most people?

So could I tentatively suggest next Thursday then? Is 7.30 a better time for people?

So could I tentatively suggest next Thursday then? Is 7.30 a better time for people?

I could make that - are we saying thats a definite...7.30 on Thursday 16th - Hillsborough Hotel???

Hi! Does anyone know of a daytime knitting group in the Hunters Bar area? Or are any of the evening groups welcoming of small children accompanying their knitting mothers??

Right, Thursday at 7.30 it is then! Bring needles and yarn of some sort :)