Learning to knit

Hi! Does anyone know of a daytime knitting group in the Hunters Bar area? Or are any of the evening groups welcoming of small children accompanying their knitting mothers??

I don't know of many daytime knitting groups at all, which is a shame, because not everyone can get about in the evening. If you check the "who we are..." sticky above you may find something that suits you and your small one. Perhaps the one at Darnall library would be a good one to try. Not sure if it's still running. As for the evening meets and small individuals, well, speaking for myself, i think they are mostly for getting away from the family for a couple of hours, but maybe other forum members will be willing to give their opinions on this matter. Perhaps it's time someone thought about opening a child friendly knitting group. After all, we do have brilliant skills to pass on to the younger generation. If anyone knows of any daytime groups that would suit parent and child, please let us know. Cheers:thumbsup:

I don't know of many daytime knitting groups at all, which is a shame, because not everyone can get about in the evening. If you check the "who we are..." sticky above you may find something that suits you and your small one. Perhaps the one at Darnall library would be a good one to try. Not sure if it's still running. As for the evening meets and small individuals, well, speaking for myself, i think they are mostly for getting away from the family for a couple of hours, but maybe other forum members will be willing to give their opinions on this matter. Perhaps it's time someone thought about opening a child friendly knitting group. After all, we do have brilliant skills to pass on to the younger generation. If anyone knows of any daytime groups that would suit parent and child, please let us know. Cheers:thumbsup:

The Wool Baa is "child friendly". Just pop in there and knit - anytime :help:

Sorry guys, not gonna make it...:mad: Got an infected wisdom tooth which is NOT pleasant! I'm SO annoyed as well cos I really wanted to come!

I'll definitely make it next tiem - PROMISE!

Jen

I could make that - are we saying thats a definite...7.30 on Thursday 16th - Hillsborough Hotel???

Did the rain put people off then? (apart from jennie2102 - ouch :()

I thought I'd been incredibly dim and gone to the wrong pub or something, but looking at the above, I'm not as mad as I thought.

Aww did no one go? I'm so sorry!! I feel really guilty as I really wanted it to happen as well... nightmare.

What a let down! I promise I'll make it next time.... as long as I don't get struck down with swine flu or something! :gag:

Did the rain put people off then? (apart from jennie2102 - ouch :()

I thought I'd been incredibly dim and gone to the wrong pub or something, but looking at the above, I'm not as mad as I thought.

Really sorry! no you're not mad! - I did come but was running late and so didn't get there til about 10 to 8, but had no way of letting anyone know (I blame 7 year olds who break up for the summer tomorrow!). I was desperately hoping at least a couple of people would already be there - but obviously not! So really sorry Becky - I tried! And if its any consolation I had a good wander round all the nooks and crannies of the pub, much to the amusement of other people in there!

Hope the tooth is better soon jennie2102

:( Oh now I feel really bad... I couldn't make it either. Promise, promise, cross my heart to get there if we can reschedule.

Really sorry! no you're not mad! - I did come but was running late and so didn't get there til about 10 to 8, but had no way of letting anyone know (I blame 7 year olds who break up for the summer tomorrow!). I was desperately hoping at least a couple of people would already be there - but obviously not! So really sorry Becky - I tried! And if its any consolation I had a good wander round all the nooks and crannies of the pub, much to the amusement of other people in there!

Hope the tooth is better soon jennie2102

You must have just missed me :) I think I left at ten to, I've never drunk a pint of beer so fast!! You wouldn't have needed to poke into nooks and crannies, I think I was obvious...

Don't worry, 7 year olds think the world revolves around them so have no sense of other people needing to do things :D I've tried to keep a low profile in school today :suspect: they've all been a bit giddy!