Learning to knit

I'd be up for that too - Hillsborough is a lot easier for me to get to than Hunters Bar! And again - not sure how good a teacher I'd be but i'll have a go too!

I work 'office hours' in S10 so might be able to do after work there, or later on after work or at weekend in Hillsborough if that makes sense. I'm happy to throw myself on the mercy of anyone patient!

I'm office hours too, so evening or wkend best for me. JaLucy sounds like a good venue (I've never been in!). Moving soon, but Hillsborough's still not going to be too far. I hope you really are patient!! :hihi:

Not sure if Jalucy or the new cofee bar on the corner are open in the evenings which is a shame? Would the Rawson Spring be too busy or would one of the other pubs be welcoming?

Jalucy is not open past 4.00pm which is a shame.

Now for my vision for a while now I thought Hillsborough was missing something .I would like a cafe /internet cafe/wool shop/ with knitting lessons/creche/drop in advice centre for ASD. OK combing all just is me just mixing up my hobbies and interests ,but a knit and chat in this location would be nice.I wonder how much it would be to utilise a church hall ? if enough people are interested in this venture a feasibility study could be carried out and apply for a small a start up grant from the council or grassroots. Enough of my ramblings the pots are calling.

Edited by JayneRay

try the garrison hotel. Thye have lovely comfy sofas and the coffee isn't too bad.

Or the Hillsborough Hotel, a bit further down the road. I don't know what the coffee's like but the beer's good :)

Or the Hillsborough Hotel, a bit further down the road. I don't know what the coffee's like but the beer's good :)

Hillsborough Hotel has already been noted as being knitting friendly (did you go to the impromptu meet there Becky) , but the Garrison sounds good too.

Hillsborough Hotel has already been noted as being knitting friendly (did you go to the impromptu meet there Becky) , but the Garrison sounds good too.

:nod: There were only two of us though! I've never been to the Garrison, it sounds like it's posh, which scares me slightly :D

:nod: There were only two of us though! I've never been to the Garrison, it sounds like it's posh, which scares me slightly :D

It's not posh but I'm up for anything and I can bring another body with me, that makes 4 of us. So what night we doing?

Can I tag on please? I've never knitted, but I really want to learn! I want to do crochet too, but I'd better not run before I can walk, eh? :)

It's not posh but I'm up for anything and I can bring another body with me, that makes 4 of us. So what night we doing?

Ooh er, now there's the challenge! I definitely can't do Mondays and Wednesdays at present, if I get my backside in gear I won't be able to do Thursdays either.

I can do Tuesdays before 9! School hols I can do Mondays and probably wednesdays.

Mind you, it doesn't have to be every week, does it?

Oh, and I'm going on holiday a week on Friday.

I'm not much use am I!