God does NOT exist! (Part 2)

You mean the people of Arabia whose early Semitic religion had survived with little change save deterioration for thousands of years.

A bit like xtianity today methinks.:thumbsup:

A bit like xtianity today methinks.:thumbsup:

You mean like those people who were Christian but have deteriorated into atheism.

You mean like those people who were Christian but have deteriorated into atheism.

Maybe God needs to show Himself in order to give people a reason to worship him...

Nice of you to admit to this.:thumbsup:

Although, let's be honest and think about it.

Why would ANY divine power want ANY tiny and pathetic human to worship him?

Doesn't that sound like an an edict imposed by humans? And thus more proof that God doesn't exist?

Although, let's be honest and think about it.

Why would ANY divine power want ANY tiny and pathetic human to worship him?

Doesn't that sound like an an edict imposed by humans? And thus more proof that God doesn't exist?

The human instinct as you atheists keep saying is to worship something you can see, that you know is there and that is why people make false gods.

That is the edict imposed by humans.

The human instinct as you atheists keep saying is to worship something you can see, that you know is there and that is why people make false gods.

That is the edict imposed by humans.

Do you experience yhvh as a constant reality in your life?

So, what's the point of it all?

And you keep blindly lumping me in with atheists. Please stop it. It's offensive (and not just because of your tone).

I'm agnostic through and through.

Actually, YOU used the term Human Instinct, not I. I've not had a conversation about religion in a very long time, so all these terms are entirely new thoughts to me. I'm hardly speaking from the Atheists Bible...

Do you experience yhvh as a constant reality in your life?

Yes, I do experience that. It happened when I let Him into my life.

And how - exactly - does that manifest?

So, when you said:

The human instinct ....is to worship something you can see, that you know is there...

you were talking about yourself, right? You experience yhvh as an everyday part of your life, you know yhvh is there, so you worship yhvh.

So, what's the point of it all?

And you keep blindly lumping me in with atheists. Please stop it. It's offensive (and not just because of your tone).

I'm agnostic through and through.

Actually, YOU used the term Human Instinct, not I. I've not had a conversation about religion in a very long time, so all these terms are entirely new thoughts to me. I'm hardly speaking from the Atheists Bible...

What is the point of it all my agnostic friend? You might ask what is the point of life which can be very empty, but Christ over the years has filled my life with a love, joy, peace and contentment that the world cannot give because it only knows material possessions and I suggest there is more to life than those things we can see and touch and without Christ in our lives we can be very empty.