[Not actioned] Thread removal- should the forum have an over 18s section?

why cant the forum have an uncensored section where people of a like mind (or just the opposite) can just let of steam or voice what are classed as extreme views without it being a problem. even sites like pogo games have these rooms, it just seems a lot of threads on here draw people in like moths to a flame on any sensitive subject,then frustation at being told what you can say incase of suspention causes it to become a pointless playground argument, most people on here dont talk in everyday life like the way some replies are written, nobody would have an idea what they were going on about. it would just give a choice to enter or not. thats of course if the forum can do this as a written section rather than chat.

Edited by fizzydrink

For legal reasons there are times when people put stuff on here which is libelous (allegadly) ie we have had comments on accidents stating who was blame even before the investagative authorities have left the scene ! We have also had occasions when crimes have been committed and the suspect named . Times when forum members have been actavly encouraged to break the law ie obtain good or services by deception !

The hours of this thread are numbered.

like the thread of mine that has got closed about the offensive grafitti. Its not the mods on here who have to put up with seeing it when they look out of their window. The mucky ann tags were similar and the thread about them stopped open.

like the thread of mine that has got closed about the offensive grafitti. Its not the mods on here who have to put up with seeing it when they look out of their window. The mucky ann tags were similar and the thread about them stopped open.

hahahaha! that made me wet me pants, they should`ve left it.:hihi:

Maybe there should have been a thread removal listing when something disappears. I've noticed that the 93 year old woman thread has now disappeared, and thank you for that somebody who turned it into another classic racist thread which got pulled. Bloody fantastic!

hahahaha! that made me wet me pants, they should`ve left it.:hihi:

Glad someone agrees.

Its not that funny when you have to look at the offensive graffiti through your window

It is a heavily moderated forum, but I think a lot of people on here have pretty strong oppinions...maybe its a sheffield thing.

If the Mods are going to censor the controversial, I think they should also censor the pointless.

I hate lazy people who come on here and ask "which bus do I need to get from A to B?" or winge about stuff to a forum, rather than ringing the council/gasboard/whatever and getting it sorted.

It is a heavily moderated forum, but I think a lot of people on here have pretty strong oppinions...maybe its a sheffield thing.

Maybe there needs to be more jobs, or more focus on other things to stop people being a nuisance of themselves. :hihi: I admit I am one of those people too, but I did wait a couple of years before I become so vocal. A lot of the things said, I used to think, is so surreal, cos I have never ever heard that said to my face before. Funny, how you see people think online though, and out with all the punches. :gag: I also now have my boxing gloves too, ready. :hihi:

Bago, can you learn to use the word "because"? There's no such word as "cos".

why cant the forum have an uncensored section where people of a like mind (or just the opposite) can just let of steam or voice what are classed as extreme views without it being a problem. even sites like pogo games have these rooms, it just seems a lot of threads on here draw people in like moths to a flame on any sensitive subject,then frustation at being told what you can say incase of suspention causes it to become a pointless playground argument, most people on here dont talk in everyday life like the way some replies are written, nobody would have an idea what they were going on about. it would just give a choice to enter or not. thats of course if the forum can do this as a written section rather than chat.

i do know what you mean fizz :)....can be annoying at times!

its because some of the poisonous bile that would spew forth....is damaging to young and impressionable minds.

so its about being responsible