Garden fencing - help please

My son has just had a fence erected. The wood has already been "treated" and he quite likes the colour as it is. So my question is this - does anyone know where we could buy a clear fence preservative - preferably one that can be sprayed on? The only clear stuff we can see is for decking and it is very expensive compared to the other types that most people use, you know, the coloured variety such as green or various shades of brown. Hope someone out there can help.

If the panels are pressure treated, you don't need to do anything to them, they will be fine as they are. They will naturally loose their colour over time and turn more grey, but they would do that even with clear treatment.

I've had mine up for about 5 years and the colour has changed alot, see http://www.dkplumb.co.uk/garden.htm look at March 2005 compared with March 2009

All the best

SueW there is a product called Cuprinol Clear for brush or spray.Not sure how much it is , but it is very good and long lasting.

Ive used Ronseal clear preservative from Arnold Laver with good results.