Which council run swimming pool is best for toddlers?

I want to take my son swimming, he'll be 3 next month. Out of Ponds Forge, Hillsborough and Concord, which has the best facilities for taking a toddler swimming e.g which has a baby pool, warm water, family changing rooms etc? Ponds Forge is nearest to me but I'm not sure it has a baby pool.

Thanks,

A x

i would say hillsbourgh i take my nephew, have done since being very young it is shallow to start off with then gets deeper and also warm.

Hillsborough also has a seperate baby pool with a little slide and a few water sprays. They've got a few family changing rooms with baby changing tables in aswell.

I've not been to Ponds Forge but much prefer Hillsborough to Concord 'cos there's nothing for them to do there.

definatly hillsborough ,my grandsons love it there ,its warm and very child friendly .:)

I used to travel to Hillsborough. Parking is better. Ponds Forge does not really have a very good toddler pool and can get over run with teenagers. The best toddler pools are probably in the Gyms e.g. Virgin. Concord has some good facilities so worth a try, can be a bit hectic at weekends.

My DD loves Ponds forge and she's coming up to 3. It has it's own toddler pool with a dolphin slide (which my DD can't stop talking about). We go in the week 12-2pm Mon - Thurs is nice time for toddlers. The main pool doesn't have waves and the rapids is set to gentle and rings are available. The next session at 2pm has waves and the rapids is set to be faster, but I haven't tried that session yet.

I'd have to recommend Eckington Pool. It's very quiet on Saturday from 2.15 to 4pm, there's barely two or three parents with kids in.

Thanks everyone, think I'll give both Ponds Forge and Hillsborough a try. It has to be one of those as I'm a fitness unlimited member so it seems pointless paying to swim anywhere else when I've already paid to go there! I work FT so it will have to be a weekend, so will try and get there quite early so it's not overly full.

Thanks,

A x

Heeley - Aquababes - Highly recomended weve been taking our little fella since 5 months !

Check out Web for timetable !

Try Graves Leisure Centre on Meadowhead.. the staff are great:D

Try Graves Leisure Centre on Meadowhead.. the staff are great:D

True ..... but the water is too cold for littluns. 20 minutes was always enough for blue lips!

I used to use Graves, but once I found Dronfield, I have recommended it to all parents of babies/toddlers that have transport.

It's not council but King Edwards is at least warm - about 31oC