Does anyone know the best local place to buy farm hay to feed to rabbits?

depends where you are?!

You'll be looking at £2-3 per bale. A good farmer will let you break a bale open to see the quality. Avoid any wet, dusty, or mouldy hay. It should smell (and taste) sweet and be free from thistles and other weeds. Seed hay will be coarser and less nutritional than meadow hay, and will also be paler in colour.

HTH :)

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm at Aston and hopefully getting my first pair of rescue bunnies next week, can't wait.

Try Croft Farm at Ulley, Brian or Neil. I have bought their hay in the past and would do so again!

If you go past the pet cemetary towards Ulley, at the top of the hill just before the bad bend, on the right is the farm and you'll see the barn with the hay in!. If you go round the bad bends you've gone too far!

There is also Parkers Farm - just down the road from Thornberry (going towards the Red Lion Pub) at the crossroads - their hay is nice but is about £4 per bale. :thumbsup:

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm at Aston and hopefully getting my first pair of rescue bunnies next week, can't wait.

Ooooo are these BARC bunnies noticed a thread elsewhere about some going to Aston:) . We dont tend to use Farm Hay and prefer to use the DFH company. It is £18 a bale which fills the equivalent of 8 wheelie bins when opened out, but it is top quality hay , dust extracted and we know exactly whats in it and where it comes from. Farm hay can have its problems regarding quality, dust, mites and other insects, mice etc

I had read a few posts recommending farm hay for bunnies saying its better quality........not so sure now????

You need to make sure it's 2nd cut meadow grass for rabbits. More nutritionally balanced and less dusty, plus more fluffy!