Worst Racket Ever - Waste of money.

I've been playing badminton a far bit recently, was forking out the 2 quid every time for racket hire so decided to purchase my own racket.

So I went down to decathlon and purchased a Yonex Muscle Power 7 racket. Im not usually a workman that blames his tools but this thing is bloody terrible.

I usually would be able to pick up any racket and it wouldnt bother me, id always play the same, but with this thing i constantly hit the shuttle with the rim, and never seem to get any power out of my shots. Its really disheartining and because of it ive stopped playing so much.

Ive noticed that the handles and grip are really thin compared to most other rackets, and I thought i might have accidently purchased a kids racket, but apparantly its not.

Does anyone else no what racket im on about. If i wrap an extra grip round it do you think this will help? Does anyone want to buy it off me for 15 quid?!! :suspect:

I don't think the header 'worst racket ever' is right. It has to do with what you are used to. You are prob used to a thicker grip which is why this will be unconfortable for you. It might help adjusting this to match your old one.

Hitting the rim has prob to do with the weight of the racket head. Because it's heavier/lighter then your old one your timing will be different and it will take time/practise to get used to this new one. (they say it will take approx 4 weeks to get used to a new racket). The string tension and shaft flexibility will be different as well which might explain you feel you don't get the same power out of it. It might improve once you start hitting it on the 'sweet spot' again. Hope this helps.