Explosions in Sheffield?

What a scumbag. Why not buy a load and then keep 'em for a few months and we'll let them off in his garden at 2am every night for 12 weeks.

Well, ain't there supposed to be a new bill in place, stopping people firing these friggin things off?

Is the bill available on the net, and if not, why?

Heard a good few earlier tonight. Most annoying indeed.

Originally posted by Kry10

Well, ain't there supposed to be a new bill in place, stopping people firing these friggin things off?

Is the bill available on the net, and if not, why?

As far as I know there is a new bill but these things take a while, if only because our government has to notify every shop keeper in the country, every police office in the country, every customs officer in the country, indeed every daft young lad in the country (or lass she quickly say to avoid sexist criticism)...and all other intersted participants

These things must obviously take a while

But I am reliably informed that next year will be very different and may God help the perpetrators

Louise

Oh yeah sorry, I only answered half the post

The rest will be available on the internet via either the Consumer Minister or the MP who brought the new law in, some Scottish guy called Bill Tynan, you GOOGLE people ought to be able to find out all about it, and him

Louise

Originally posted by Kry10

Today I was in the Hillsborough precinct and this stall holder in there who sells fireworks has informed me that the loud noises that everyone has been on about IS fireworks, it is these very big rockets and when I described the noise that everyone has reported, he mentioned that these fireworks are the culprits and even showed me one of them, and to say they are big is an understatement.

So the explanation is finally found, after a lot of umm'ing and ahh'ing, we now know.

Tut :roll:

I was hoping the martians were attacking :(

Hi,

We had 2 loud explosion type sounds at about 7.30pm this evening. I am in Kiveton Park so am surprised to hear these. At first I was a bit concerned but recalled reading about these last week on here.

Has anyone else heard them this evening?

Cheers,

MissyB

I have already stated what these loud bangs are, they are fireworks, big ones, so enough with trying to suss out what they are, the answer has been found, put this thread to rest, please.

me and my mate where in the centre of sheffield and heard the loud bangs all day they seemed to be coming from near the train station area (ish)

Yeah the kids keep letting off fireworks at the top of Park Hill Flats.

The other day I was at Heely Farm and I heard a really loud explosion that lasted for about ten seconds. It sounded like a whole fireworks factory had gone up!! It scared the goats too . . .

I looked for smoke in the sky but there wasn't any. If it is fireworks I wish they'd quit it!!

Sorry Kry I didn't read your post!!:(